Author Topic: Seasonings  (Read 6761 times)

Offline dane2992

Re: Seasonings
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 01:16:54 PM »
So I ordered a few seasonings today: savor spices
Fine swine and bovine, mo rockin chicken, super pig and  three little pigs kc sweet BBQ rub. I think these will be a good start for me. Thanks everyone

You are off to a great start. When you are hankerin for a larger size of the Savor Spices (which you will  :P :P), just send teesquare a pm and he will get you hooked up  :) :)
Thanks. I'm going to start with some chicken and then do a butt. I would like to have a pbc but can't justify the price.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
Fine swine and bovine, mo rockin chicken, super pig and  three little pigs kc sweet BBQ rub. I think these will be a good start for me. Thanks everyone

You are off to a great start. When you are hankerin for a larger size of the Savor Spices (which you will  :P :P), just send teesquare a pm and he will get you hooked up  :) :)
Thanks. I'm going to start with some chicken and then do a butt. I would like to have a pbc but can't justify the price.

Trust me that we have enough PBC owners here that can help you justify the price  ;) ;) :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline dane2992

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 03:18:34 PM »

Trust me that we have enough PBC owners here that can help you justify the price  ;) ;) :)
Oh I know. I really want one but no money to throw at it unless I return my traeger junior, get the smaller model and then get the pbc

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 04:05:46 PM »
Good things come to those who wait, I don't think you would be happy with the next size down from the Jr. Your Traeger will keep you happy until you come up with the coin............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline dane2992

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 05:18:46 PM »
Good things come to those who wait, I don't think you would be happy with the next size down from the Jr. Your Traeger will keep you happy until you come up with the coin............
I've read some reviews about the junior having heat issues. Would fire bricks help with this? When the coin comes I'm definitely getting a pbc

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 06:33:03 PM »
Get one a downdraft hood. Really helps in stabilizing and evening out heat. It will also keep the smoke more at grate level....trust  The Smoke on this one:

http://shop.pelletgrillaccessories.com/product.sc?productId=207&categoryId=8
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 06:45:13 PM »
When it comes to seasonings I would like to also highly suggest Instant Gourmet Seasonings. They are the creation of a fallen LTBBQ member Phil LaMarche who we lost in April 2013....... :(
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline dane2992

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 07:12:37 PM »
When it comes to seasonings I would like to also highly suggest Instant Gourmet Seasonings. They are the creation of a fallen LTBBQ member Phil LaMarche who we lost in April 2013....... :(
I will deff add it to my list for future use. Saw it on a post for cooking a butt

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 07:18:19 PM »

The Instant Gourmet original is the ticket. My neighbor is so hooked on it, it is all she uses......... also try Awake a Steak...it is a great beef rub with coffee added to it...
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline dane2992

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »

The Instant Gourmet original is the ticket. My neighbor is so hooked on it, it is all she uses......... also try Awake a Steak...it is a great beef rub with coffee added to it...
Interesting. I'm going to get a little note book so I can jot down all my smokes and seasonings

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 09:44:45 PM »
Get one a downdraft hood. Really helps in stabilizing and evening out heat. It will also keep the smoke more at grate level....trust  The Smoke on this one:

Scott FYI you can't use one on the junior. Has a different venting system.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline dane2992

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2015, 10:56:56 PM »

Damn.lol well any other methods to stabilize temps?

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 06:39:07 AM »

I used to have a junior. The one problem the junior has is that the pellet chamber/btu output is nearly the same size as the next size up Traeger. So keeping temps stable on the lower end can be a chore because of the output but much smaller size of the grill itself.

Bricks to help to keep temps stable when opening and closing the lid for example once they heat up. But can make it difficult to get to lower temps quickly.

The truth is don't fret too much about the temp swings. That is the way the little guy would work and did a pretty good job. As long as the averages are good you will be fine.

It is very difficult to get solid temps in any pellet grill. That is not the way they work.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline dane2992

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »

I used to have a junior. The one problem the junior has is that the pellet chamber/btu output is nearly the same size as the next size up Traeger. So keeping temps stable on the lower end can be a chore because of the output but much smaller size of the grill itself.

Bricks to help to keep temps stable when opening and closing the lid for example once they heat up. But can make it difficult to get to lower temps quickly.

The truth is don't fret too much about the temp swings. That is the way the little guy would work and did a pretty good job. As long as the averages are good you will be fine.

It is very difficult to get solid temps in any pellet grill. That is not the way they work.
Ok thanks for the info. I read a bit on the junior and thats what I saw most but all said its what it does and its nothing to be to worried about

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
Not to worry,I dont have a lot of money either,just save for the future PBC purchase,you will love it when the time is right.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.