Author Topic: Sous vide Tri Tip  (Read 3036 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Sous vide Tri Tip
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 10:55:27 PM »
Well it looks fantastic, definitely on my to do list. Bookmarked and thanks!

OH my goodness, yes!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 02:24:29 AM »
Excellent!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 03:29:58 AM »
I bought a bag of USDA Prime tri tips at Costco last week for only 30¢ a pound more than Choice (about to pass the sell date but ripe for freezing). I have one prepped with salt, pepper & garlic and ready to pop in the bath but have to wait for SWMBO to get back from her Seattle visit on Monday (she went to see daughter and SIL). I was looking forward to it but after seeing your photo, am now excited.

Might have to go to 135° though; I'd scarf it but yours is a little too red for SWMBO.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 06:55:25 AM »
Outstanding!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 11:03:09 AM »
I bought a bag of USDA Prime tri tips at Costco last week for only 30¢ a pound more than Choice (about to pass the sell date but ripe for freezing). I have one prepped with salt, pepper & garlic and ready to pop in the bath but have to wait for SWMBO to get back from her Seattle visit on Monday (she went to see daughter and SIL). I was looking forward to it but after seeing your photo, am now excited.

Might have to go to 135° though; I'd scarf it but yours is a little too red for SWMBO.

Super deal, and a beauty there Bigg!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.