MEMBER VIDEOS > Backyard Jack

Spare ribs with the fire butler

(1/5) > >>

Jaxon:
Y'all, this cook lasted about 4 hours...the video lasts about 4 minutes.  It may get noticed by America's Funniest Videos or Bloopers & Bleeps.
I'm just tryin' to show how the cook went today and how I used the fire butler with the hibachi / heat deflector.

The foil DID catch the drippings and they were not an issue - cleanup was easy and I wiped it down with some canola oil for seasoning.

I STILL don't focus on that "cutsie" presentation at the end because I'm ready to finish the video and eat.  The ribs were tender as my heart and had the flavor I usually get when I use the offset smoker - no overpowering smoke, just a sweet little "kiss".

Oh, and B T W, when I took the ribs off, I removed the hibachi and poked the coals down, and they kept going strong.  After supper, I went out and closed the vents and gave up trying to time it.  They were still going at 240* after 6 1/2 hours.

Here it is:

TMB:
BEAUTIFUL ribs Jack!!!

sparky:
Those bones look good.  What did you have the bottom vents set at Jack?

HighOnSmoke:
Awesome looking ribs Jack!

Jaxon:

--- Quote from: sparky on December 07, 2015, 09:25:25 PM ---Those bones look good.  What did you have the bottom vents set at Jack?

--- End quote ---

Top vents open, bottom vents about 1/4 open.
I had to make slight adjustments from time to time, but most of the cook I was idle.

B T W, I didn't put it in the video, but after taking the shot of the ribs, I brushed on some sauce and put 'em back on the grill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version