Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Gas Smokers

Pulled Pork Oh My Goodness.....

(1/3) > >>

drholly:
I picked up a pork shoulder blade yesterday... set it in the fridge with a dry brine (kosher salt) overnight.

Rinsed and dried this morning and added some mustard and rub (T's WOW, Fine Swine & Bovine, and Super Pig - about 1, 1, 1.) Pre-heated the Char Broil electric smoker at 250* for about 45 minutes while the meat came close to room temp (takes longer than that but it does get the chill off.)

Filled the drip tray with hot water and the wood pan with apple chips - put the meat in a Bradley rack and in the smoker. After about 3 hours I added some more chips.

After about 6 hours the fork test was perfect - I think the temp was about 190* but the bone came out easily and the fork twirled just fine - it was ready. Great bark, great flavor, just right for a sandwich!

Pulled easily with my bear claws. Then I had to go get nourishment for Rocky's gymnastics team tomorrow - big 8 team meet.

Got home - the pork was gone - Roscoe had one of those guilty smiles - he liked it... dang! I had even bought him a treat - a big rawhide candy cane.... One of these days!

[attachment deleted by admin]

smokeasaurus:
Looking real good. :P

drholly:

--- Quote from: smokeasaurus on December 11, 2015, 08:55:03 PM ---Looking real good. :P

--- End quote ---

Yup Roscoe thought so too...  ??? ::) ::) ??? ???

HighOnSmoke:
Does look great David. Hope you at least had a sammie or two before Roscoe ate his "Christmas" present!  ;)

TMB:
Looks good can't wait till I can cook again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version