Author Topic: It's Soup Time  (Read 2898 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: It's Soup Time
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 08:11:37 PM »
Not soup so much...

but think of it as soup on pasta...

Rocky and her BF wanted spaghetti tonight. So, I looked around the kitchen and pantry and found some stuff that would make a spaghetti "soup." Italian sausage, tomato sauce, tomato puree, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, some chicken stock, various spices, onions, garlic, a little unicorn dust and Bob's your uncle!

I had picked up some Barilla "Pronto" pasta the other day - supposed to make things easier and faster. After reading the instructions, I don't see much difference...  :( So, I boiled them a bit then added to the sauce to finish cooking (like I would with any other pasta...)

In any event, this came out like any of my pasta / sauces would and was good. Rocky and her BF Zach scarfed it up - nothing left for me... oh well....

[attachment deleted by admin]
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »
I will bookmarke it for winter .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »
Oh Boy!!!  Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup is personal favorite any time of year but especially in the cold months.  That looks outstanding Doc!
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit