Author Topic: Weber Chicago Steak seasoning  (Read 1075 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Weber Chicago Steak seasoning
« Reply #-1 on: March 08, 2016, 03:36:30 PM »
 For Christmas Kerry's son gave me some various spices,sauces etc.  In the mix this year was Weber's Chicago Steak seasoning.  I tried it on a filet last week and I think this is Kerry's new seasoning...  And I must admit it is pretty good.  I put it on pretty heavy and let it sit about 15 minutes. Then I put the steak on the Performer offset from the coals
with two chunks of Apple wood for smoke. I seared it to finish. 
It does have salt so if that's an issue be aware of it. Otherwise that nice little crunch of salty flavor pops though... 

http://www.weberseasonings.com/product/chicago-steakr-seasoning

I think putting it on salmon would be fantastic....
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Old Dave

• Wood & Charcoal is the only Fuel
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
Re: Weber Chicago Steak seasoning
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:47:23 AM »
Terry,

That is a great steak rub and it did finish 3rd in our steak rub trials. We didn't try it on anything but steaks and I felt that it might be improved with a little more heat but my bride said it was fine the way it was.

I would offer a suggestion to give it more time for the rub to work after it is applied to the steak. I also think is is best to place the steak on a raised cooling grid of some type to allow the air to get under the steak during this period.

This is what we use in our rub trials.

I found that it was best to allow 40 minutes warm-up with the rub to be sure we could get the steaks to the sweat stage and then have time for some of the spices to be absorbed back into the meat.

Anyway, that is what worked for us with this rub.

Dave
Old Dave
Ribs & Bibs Competition Cooking Team

3 Backwoods--3 Big Green Eggs--2 Char-Broils
1 Cobb--1 Original Fast Eddy Pellet Cooker
1 Traeger & 2 Green Mountain Pellet Cookers
1 Genuswine Rotisserie Smoker--2 Hasty Bakes
1 Orion Cooker--6 Webers--Several Homebuilts