Author Topic: Spuds 2016 Garden  (Read 30647 times)

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
Re: Spuds 2016 Garden
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 01:47:05 PM »
Very nice!!   Those are looking lovely!   Yeah, that silver seems to work like a charm on so many things! 

I mixed up a batch of garlic, mint and cayenne spray from a recipe I found online, which said it's a good all around bug deterrent.  Only bad thing is, it smells really yummy while you're cooking it and makes me hungry! :) 

I'll get some pics of the garden soon-- growing some container potatoes that are doing great.  Need to take out one big cedar tree that blocks a lot of the sun to my garden area, my plants are usually pretty slow to get going!   
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
Enjoy watching your garden grow so keep the pics flowing.
Ours is just a simple garden
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 09:08:18 PM »
Thanks Art.  :)

Kat,keep us posted on your concoction please!  ;)

Carl
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 01:16:33 PM »
Some peaches from the dwarf peach tree's,very cool!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »
Mmmm!!!  Nothing in the world like fresh peaches!!! 

We planted some trees this year on our farm, but the $(@#*&@*^# goats broke through the fencing at ate most of them.  Have two little cherry trees that might pull through, but my peaches, apples and mulberries gave up the ghost.   :'(    Jerks!

MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819

Offline spuds

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2016, 11:21:35 AM »
The tomatoes so far

lots of sweet 100's coming on

Im using potting soil and mulch.water morning and night.Every few days I use water from aquaponic tanks.So far pretty good,fair production,late start.Will do again next year as economical on water use,and easy to fertilize,has real potential.

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 07:18:54 PM »
Mmmm those look great!   Love those sweet 100 plants, they just keep on giving!  My tomatoes have finally started taking off too, at long last...

Everything in my garden was slowed down due to a major bone head move on my part... I'd set up an automatic watering timer for when James and I went on our Alaska trip, so the kid house-sitting didn't have to fuss with anything.  But the dang program didn't save, so my poor garden was thirsty for a couple of weeks before I realized what was (not) going on.    Thankfully we've had really mild temperatures so far most of this summer, so nothing died, just took way longer to get up and start producing!   That'll teach me to try and be clever!  ::)
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819

Offline spuds

Re: Spuds 2016 Garden-now 2017
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 07:58:04 PM »
Got my seedlings started,so far peppers... pepperocinos,plabamo,red cherry and sweet peppers from saved seed,have a couple more in the germination tray.Have purple heirloom tomatoes of a few different varieties,and green and purple tomatillos.Some basil and marigolds too.All doing great on the heat mat between 73-80F.