Author Topic: Chuckie Goes for a 72 Hour Swim...  (Read 5217 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Chuckie Goes for a 72 Hour Swim...
« Reply #-1 on: April 24, 2016, 01:57:31 AM »
I've been watching the SV Chuck posts and wanting to "jump in." Finally the timing is right - off early (7pm) tonight and will be off at about 6pm on Tuesday... Decide to take the plunge... About a 3# Chuck, a bit of Olive Oil to make the rub stick - a little salt, W.O.W. and M-3. Into the spa at 131* F.

But first, a quick pic of my lovely daughters (am I braggin'? Yep! - But I am very glad they have a pretty mom!) - Emma's Sr. Prom, and Rocky (a Sophomore) at her 1st prom with their boyfriends.

In the imortal words of he infamous Sparky - "Let the movie begin..."

[attachments deleted after 6 months]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:46:20 AM by drholly »
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline hikerman

Re: Chuckie Goes for a 72 Hour Swim...
« on: April 24, 2016, 04:26:19 AM »
David, your little girls have turned into young ladies before our very eyes! And you have good reason to brag pops! :D
As for the hot tub.....I'm watching,  it's looking good so far!

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:18:10 AM »
Beautiful daughters, David.  Watching for your success with a SV chuck.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Pappymn

Chuckie Goes for a 72 Hour Swim...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 09:40:51 AM »
Clearly your girls are adopted :)

Watching
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 09:51:40 AM »

Or definitely take after their Mom
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:01:32 AM »
Beautiful girls David! I am sure those good genes came from both parents.

I like low and slow but I don't think I could ever wait 72 hours to cook something.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
Great picture David!

I was going to pick up a chuck today to SV cook. Not sure if I want to 72 hours or 96 hours like Regular Guy did.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 04:32:28 PM »
Great pics,great price.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 07:01:27 PM »
David, your little girls have turned into young ladies before our very eyes! And you have good reason to brag pops! :D

Gene, as I thought about your comment - you are right! You've seen them here (and on the SOG) forum since they were very young... wow! Not sure how that makes me feel. It is very cool that you have shared their journey from kid to young lady, but it also means you've shared my journey to old age...  ;D :(

I have enjoyed the journey, and sharing it. I think I should collect a bunch of the pictures from the posts and make a silent movie... thanks for the inspiration.
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 07:02:15 PM »

Watching

I've always suspected the milkman...  ::)

Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 07:02:57 PM »

Or definitely take after their Mom

THAT is certainly true! Thank goodness, or I'd NEVER get them married off...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 07:03:53 PM »
Beautiful girls David! I am sure those good genes came from both parents.

I like low and slow but I don't think I could ever wait 72 hours to cook something.

Ken, I hear you. But now that I am back in retail - working open to close 4 - 5 days a week, waiting is required...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »
Great picture David!

I was going to pick up a chuck today to SV cook. Not sure if I want to 72 hours or 96 hours like Regular Guy did.

I had the same dilemma, Mike. My choice is guided by work hours. Sometime I DO want to try the 96 hour swim.
Member #

Offline hikerman

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 07:19:51 PM »

Gene, as I thought about your comment - you are right! You've seen them here (and on the SOG) forum since they were very young... wow! Not sure how that makes me feel. It is very cool that you have shared their journey from kid to young lady, but it also means you've shared my journey to old age...  ;D :(

I have enjoyed the journey, and sharing it. I think I should collect a bunch of the pictures from the posts and make a silent movie... thanks for the inspiration.

David seeing Emma's and Rocky's transformation from cute little lassies to beautiful young ladies has been a pleasure. You have much to be proud of buddy!
And it is always a good thing to share our journies with friends!  ;)

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 07:29:51 PM »

David seeing Emma's and Rocky's transformation from cute little lassies to beautiful young ladies has been a pleasure. You have much to be proud of buddy!
And it is always a good thing to share our journies with friends!  ;)

It IS a good thing to share our journeys with friends... and I have been blessed with the opportunity to do that.

Thank you!
Member #