Spriited Discussions > SPIRITED DISCUSSIONS

Aging process

<< < (2/3) > >>

tlg4942:

--- Quote from: ACW3 on May 01, 2016, 02:03:47 PM ---Looks real good. I need to check my cupboard.  I might still have a jar or two that could use some aging.

I wonder if you could use some flavored pellets, partially burned, of course, in a piece of cheesecloth to flavor age some shine.  Might have to give it a try.

Art

--- End quote ---
. That's an interesting idea. Let me how it works.    I saw the other day where someone is making oak sticks and cutting grooves all down the side. Then they char them so they can be placed in shine are even whiskey you a little more age too. .. Not sure how well the latter works but it should work to some degree.  Being patient is the hard part.

muebe:
Very cool!

grossie:
My sister-in-law got me a mini (one liter) oak barrel for Christmas. I'm on my second batch of aging whisky. The legitimate shine around here is all at least $20 for 750ml. I decided to go cheap and age some Mellow Corn. The first batch was definitely improved after 8 weeks. I'm just finishing up the second barrel now, I tried to add some smoke to this batch.

Your sticks look like a better idea.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Smokin Don:
Looks interesting Terry!!! To Smoke at 74 I don't know if I am pickled yet but I am pretty well marinated!!! :) Don

africanmeat:

I thought you are talking about me .... ;)

You know this  looks very interesting concept .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version