FORUM SPONSORS > Savannah Stoker Pellet Grill Control System

HighOnSmoke's Grid Iron Upgrade to Savannah Stoker. (UPDATED)

(1/3) > >>

Savannahsmoker:
Mike is interested in the Savannah Stoker IV to replace his Roanoke controller in his Grid Iron, but not close enough to the edge to go over. 
I suggested we install one of my older Savannah Stoker II's so he could get an idea of how it works.  I think he is pleased so far.

HighOnSmoke:
As Art (Savannah Smoker) said I am trying out the Savannah Stoker on my Grid Iron. 

Tonight’s dinner is a bacon wrapped pork loin seasoned with Badia Holy Smokes Pork and Meat rub.  My wife
found this rub while shopping the other day and wanted to try it out.  The loin put into the Grid Iron at 225
and I am using hickory pellets.

I smoked it at 225 for an hour and then turned up the grill to 300 to finish it.  At 135 degrees internal I gave it a
little bit of Apple Cinnamon BBQ sauce.  Here it is right out of the grill.

Sliced up enough for dinner.   Lots of juiciness!

My plate with some Spanish style yellow rice with saffron.

This is the first loin I have actually grilled since I got into Sous Vide. That is how I normally do pork loins. This one
was just as tender and juicy as the ones I Sous Vide.   The loin had a nice light hickory smoke flavor. The chili
based rub was excellent on this loin.

So far I like the Savannah Stoker.  I am still working on the settings but I know the large temp swings that I was
getting with my Roanoke controller are not here with this controller.  I will keep posting updates on whether I will
be purchasing the Savannah Stoker 4. If I had to decide today I would purchase it.

Pappymn:
Fantastic looking pork

Big Dawg:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on June 16, 2016, 07:55:57 PM ---Fantastic looking pork

--- End quote ---

Hell yeah, Mike,hell yeah ! ! ! !

BD

smoker pete:
Outstanding!!!  Plate Me  8) 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page