FORUM SPONSORS > MAK Grills

Cheese Stuffed Smoked Meatloaf

(1/4) > >>

smoker pete:

Meatloaf is considered by many, including myself, to be the ultimate comfort food! If I had my druthers I would have meatloaf in some form or other once a week ... but alas, even though too much of a good thing can be wonderful I need to show some restraint. I must admit that at most restaurants I check the menu to see if meatloaf is an option. As such, I have become quite a meatloaf connoiseur over the years. Meatloaves are plain scrumptious - some are just better than others.

Smoked the meatloaf for an hour at 180ºF before bumping my MAK 2 Star to 375ºF till internal temperature reached 160ºF. You can see where the cheese oozed out when I checked the IT to verify the meatloaf temp.

I learned that I need to do more research on the type of cheese to use for stuffing meatloaves and other meats. While at the grocery store I selected a bar of Cracker Barrel extra sharp white cheddar cheese to use. Found it to be quite tasty but I did not foresee the impending cheese stuffing eruption when I sliced the meatloaf in half. Even though I allowed the smoked meatloaf to rest loosely under a foil tent for 15 minutes I was not prepared to see the molten cheese that spewed out on the cutting board. I was anticipating to enjoy a nice portion of sharp white cheddar cheese with each slice of meatloaf. I still enjoyed the cheese but more as a side than part of the meatloaf. After researching the types of cheese to use for stuffing I will repeat this recipe again cause as I stated earlier - I simply love meatloaf!

TMB:
Love that! 

Smokerjunky:
The OOZING cheese is what I would call a "HIGH CLASS PROBLEM"  :D

It looks simply awesome

smokeasaurus:
I would eat that.

Smokin Don:
Looks delicious even with the oozing cheese!!! Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page