FORUM SPONSORS > Steak Cookoff Association - "Building the Sport of Steak Cookoffs"

Praise the Lard (Murphysboro, Illinois)

<< < (3/3)

Old Dave:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on October 01, 2016, 11:16:19 AM ---No idea how one would fix texture. Looks great to me

--- End quote ---

I wonder if any of those cooks would use some kind of Jacquard type of tenderizer? Might work if it doesn't push some of the moisture out of the steak.

ACW3:
Dave,
I think you did a really good job with what you had.  Not sure anyone could have done better.  Luck of the draw, I guess.

I'm guessing you couldn't inject anything, like melted-seasoned butter.  That may have helped a little.

Art

Smokin Don:

--- Quote from: Old Dave on October 02, 2016, 02:01:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pappymn on October 01, 2016, 11:16:19 AM ---No idea how one would fix texture. Looks great to me

--- End quote ---

I wonder if any of those cooks would use some kind of Jacquard type of tenderizer? Might work if it doesn't push some of the moisture out of the steak.

--- End quote ---
Dave I used to use Adolf's tenderizer, it is a natural product using papaya. No taste and it does work. Don

teesquare:
Thanks for the report Dave and I REALLY needed a laugh..so - for this line - "Mike Zinkan who claims to be the Indiana State Micro-Wave Champion.

You get 4 thumbs up! ;) :D :D :D

Savannahsmoker:

--- Quote from: Smokin Don on October 02, 2016, 08:04:20 AM ---
Dave I used to use Adolf's tenderizer, it is a natural product using papaya. No taste and it does work. Don

--- End quote ---
I use to use it but since I have reduced my sodium intake it's a no no.
1/4 teaspoon equals 560 MG sodium and 23% of daily recommended allowance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version