FORUM SPONSORS > Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

First PBC yard bird

(1/4) > >>

mikecorn.1:
All I got to say is A++. Like Noah says, pour the charcoal, hit it with fluid, place it in the PBC and light that baby up. 20 Minutes Later its perfect ready for animal parts.

This presentation brought to you by iPhone and PBC. 16 ft above sea level and 70F outside. Slight breeze.

Charcoal lit

Yard bird ready

PBC ready

Yard bird getting ready for some goodness

Smoke

Almost done. Pic is an optical illusion, they are hanging perfectly.  ???

Done in 1 hr. Awesome flavor, very juicy. Used the All Purpose Pit Rub that came in it    IT was right at 170F. I did close the vent half way so that it would not burn so as hot. VERY IMPRESSED.

JUICY :)

Threw in some jalapeƱo, cheese sausage to take advantage of the charcoal. Yumm! Smokey charcoal flavor.

I did line the bottom with heavy duty foil for easy clean up later.
This is what I wanted for a long time a set it And forget it charcoal pit. (As Smoke says ;))

EDIT:  After taking the meat out with the supplied hook take it outer stick ;) so that you dont burn your hands and you take the bird inside, don't attempt to take out the hooks out of said meat bare handed. Don't ask me how I know. ;D:) and I'm not talking about the pointy end on them.
Also don't attempt to take out the metal rods out without gloves. Don't ask me how I know that ALSO.

BIT ANXIOUS TO TAKE OUT THE BIRD TO TASTE IT.  LOL!!

OUCH!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

muebe:
Awesome Mike!

mikecorn.1:
I left the lid off after I took the bird out. Went back outside after a while and the PBC WAS SCREAMING for more. Lol!!

I liking this a lot!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

drholly:
Nice job! And yes, the PBC loves to cook!

David

squirtthecat:

Very cool. (and HOT)  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version