Welcome Center > Posting Photos & Videos

What About Google Photos?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Pappymn:
If you are Amazon prime you get unlimited photo storage as part of the annual fee. I pushed about 10,000 photos out to it. All accessible on a great app. I really like it.

sliding_billy:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on July 07, 2017, 09:31:05 AM ---If you are Amazon prime you get unlimited photo storage as part of the annual fee. I pushed about 10,000 photos out to it. All accessible on a great app. I really like it.

--- End quote ---

IMG links?

smoker pete:
I don't really understand what the issue is with Photobucket. I've been using it for years and still use it to post all my pictures for forums. Yes, they had big time issues for a while when they upgraded their site but since then I have not had any problems. I don't think I've ever had an issue with my Photobucket photos not showing up on a post. If you over on the Share of a photo you have an option to copy the link. Easy-Peasy.

Maybe I don't have any issues cause I always resize and tweak my photos (using Microsoft Office Picture Manager) from it's original size of say 4608 x 3456 pixels to a new size of 800 x 600 pixels. I only upload the 800 x 600 photos to Photobucket and keep the original photos on my PC and backup the photos regularly to external removable drives.

Are people uploading the original size photos?

TentHunteR:
Google Photos (formerly Google Picasa) is basic, but works absolutely fine.  It's what I use. 

They have two storage options when you sign up: "Original Size" (limited storage - you can buy additional storage), which retains your photo's original resolution, and "High Quality" (unlimited free storage), which  automatically resizes your photos to a reasonable size (around 800 X 600) which works perfectly fine for most Internet usage, including forum posts.  Besides, the forum is set to limit photo size to 800 pixels wide anyway.

The only catch is they don't have a button/form that automatically gives you the IMG tags for posting in forums, but even that is not a big deal.  Instead of clicking a button that gives you the IMG link, you right click on  the photo and "Copy the Image Location."  Then in the forum post click the "Insert Image" button, and paste the URL it inside the IMG tags (in fact this method works for ANY photo hosting site).

Subvet:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on July 07, 2017, 09:31:05 AM ---If you are Amazon prime you get unlimited photo storage as part of the annual fee. I pushed about 10,000 photos out to it. All accessible on a great app. I really like it.

--- End quote ---

I've been a Amazon Prime member for years and didn't know about this. LOL.
Just download the app and sent over 6,000 photos to storage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version