Other Cooking Equipment > Cast Iron & Campfire Cooking

Smash Burgers on the Flat Top

<< < (2/3) > >>

BobDE:

--- Quote from: Roget on October 01, 2017, 09:40:00 AM ---Those burgers look great.
I've never tried to make french fries on the flat top.
How long do they take to cook?  Fresh cut???

--- End quote ---

About 30 - 40 minutes. I wash the potatoes (russets) and run them through the mandolin. Rinse really well under cold water. Let dry. Pour your oil on and mix them up. Place them on the flat top and watch the magic. Over handling can cause problems. Flip with caution! LOL

BobDE:

--- Quote from: teesquare on October 01, 2017, 08:46:04 AM ---Bob - that looks great!

If you have access to a Restaurant Depot or similar ....try cooking your fries in Duck Fat. Incredible flavor add!

--- End quote ---

I will be adding that to the list of oils to try! Thanks.

BobDE:

--- Quote from: Pappymn on October 01, 2017, 10:38:22 AM ---Hard to beat a burger cooked on a flat top

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

You are right Pappy! And easy. This is the only hamburger Margo will eat now. She will not get them at a restaurant anymore.

Roget:

--- Quote from: BobDE on October 01, 2017, 04:20:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pappymn on October 01, 2017, 10:38:22 AM ---Hard to beat a burger cooked on a flat top

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

You are right Pappy! And easy. This is the only hamburger Margo will eat now. She will not get them at a restaurant anymore.

--- End quote ---

I hear that!
Burger king has a new commercial that shows a "flame broiled" hamburger (theirs) & a burger supposedly cooked on a flat top.
Then they ask a person to taste each & state which one they like. (of coarse they choose the BK burger)

I had to laugh, because the flat top burger looked terrible, not at all like what you actually get off of a flat top.
Flat top Burgers are all we eat now also.
We don't always smash them, but we always use the griddle to cook them.

BTW, thanks for the info on the fries. :)

HighOnSmoke:
Looks delicious!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version