OTHER HOBBIES > OTHER HOBBIES

Scooter talk with RG - Tune in from 2:00 to 2:01 daily

<< < (5/6) > >>

RG:
I am attempting to upload the LONG version of that ride to Youtube but only the 4K main video. It'll take a while, it's almost 16 gigs lol! If I'm successful, I'll post it.

RG:
So here's the mini movie, unedited, of the 4K main portion of the ride in its entirety. You'll hear a guy ask about the wheels and then my reply. It starts off slow as I was putting on my helmet and gloves and zipping up my jacket. Remember to click on the 4K button in the video settings. Youtube does compress the video so the quality is compromised substantially but it still looks decent. Starting at about 8:05 into the video, there's a road that I turn onto that I've posted before. I like all of the trees on it with different colored leaves, very pretty. At the end of the video you'll see me pull into my mess of a garage. Christmas stuff was being dragged out so that's my excuse :P

RG:

--- Quote from: bamabob on December 04, 2017, 01:36:34 PM ---Fantastic ride and camera shots Jason, almost felt like I was there.  Now you need Steph in front with a rear facing camera capturing the total package.

Looking forward to the brisket cook also.

--- End quote ---

I'd have to mount a camera to her SUV for that to happen, she no longer has a bike. Maybe next spring I'll get her another but I doubt it. I might do a brisket this weekend, we'll see if it shakes out ;)

RG:
I took the bike to the stealership yesterday for them to correct some blemishes (scratches) on the tank that were there when I bought it. We decided to wait until the riding season was over. I was going to have them do the "First Service" on it after the 600 mile break in. It was my understanding that this was to be done free of charge but upon arriving there yesterday was told that it was NOT free. I am pretty sure I was told, when I bought it, that the initial service/ first oil change was on them. Nope. They lied and I will never spend a dime more with them on principal alone. I was debating buying the Mrs. a bike there but that ship has sailed.

So here I sit, wishing I could ride as I'm home with nothing to do, lol. Yes, it's cold and there is rainy/snowy weather so that makes it hard even if I had the bike here. One thing I can do is show y'all the setup I used on that 3-way PIP video I made. It's very rudimentary but it works for the most part.

Here's the camera on the helmet, I need a wedge under it to raise it up so it's not looking down so much.

Here's the Sony on the handlebar

And here's the one that caught the rear view and audio that I used. I attached it to the passenger foot peg.

During the cold months ahead, maybe I'll get better at making videos.

IR2dum:
RG, that was a very good ride. I really liked the drive through your neighborhood and into your garage. By the way, you don't even know what a mess of a garage looks like. Drive on over to my house to see what a messy garage is supposed to look like...and, no, I won't post a picture because it is too embarrassing.

I subscribed to your youtube channel and am very proud to be subscriber #1. Transferred your 4k video to my Sony XBR65x930e and it looks fabulous...lots of colors and even with the limited/compressed bandwidth, it came across as a quality video. I did activate the "live football mode" which almost doubles the brightness and contrast and it made me feel like I was there taking those curves with you. I actually watched it twice. Can't wait for your brisket video.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version