FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

Beef Plate Ribs on the Weber Kettle

(1/3) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
Last week when I was at Sam’s Club I bought a 2 pack of plate ribs. Normally Sam’s will cut these into short ribs.

Yesterday I removed the excess fat and silver skin and dry brined them with kosher salt. Just look at that marbling! After
trimming it was still almost 4 pounds.

I am using the Weber kettle with the SnS and DnG. I am trying Kingsford Long Burning for the first time. I picked up a couple of
11-pound bags at Home Depot the other day. I am going to add a couple chunks of red oak and cherry to the mix.

Seasoned with Meat Church BBQ The Holy Gospel and let them blend together for a couple hours.

1.5 hours into the cook and the ribs are getting some good color. I will be spritzing them every hour with a 50/50 mixture of apple
juice and apple cider vinegar.

Exactly 5 hours from the time I put the ribs on, they are toothpick tender and an internal temperature of 195.  My average temperature
was about 260.

My plate with some packaged Mac N Cheese.

Excellent ribs! Great bark, juicy, light smokiness and melt in your mouth tender.

As far as the Kingsford Long Burning charcoal I truthfully didn't see much of a difference between it and regular Kingsford. Maybe
on a longer cook it will make a difference.

rwalters:
Those pics... that money shot... WOWZA!!!!  You knocked that cook out of the park buddy!!!  That last pic has me dying to make beef ribs again!

Speaking of SnS, I should have my 26.75" Easy-Spin grate arriving here in a couple of days.  Yeah, I fell victim to their latest and greatest...lol.  Love me some SnS seared steaks :)

TentHunteR:
Beef ribs... my fave, and wow do those look great!

Bayoucajun:
Now that was one hell of a cook

Old Hickory:
Beef Ribs (meaty ones ) are hard to find here.  Your ribs and cook look beautiful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version