General > General Discussion

So, how did you get your start?

<< < (16/16)

70monte:
I don't really remember any grilling or smoking going on when I was growing up.  After getting married at age 23, I ended up getting a habachi and then a cheap Brinkman smoker that I used as a grill.  We later got a cheap gas grill.

I got divorced in 2004 and it wasn't until 2007 that I got serious about grilling by buying a 22" Weber Kettle and then it got crazy with me buying several other Kettles and then getting my first Performer in 2009. 

In 2011, I bought my first real smoker, an 18" WSM.  Then I bought another used WSM, other Weber grills, and an Old Smokey grill.  I then bought a used PBC and used that quite a bit.

In 2016 I went a little crazy and bought a PK classic and then a Good One Open Range.  I then ordered and received the PK 360 when it came out.  A few months later I bought a Good One Marshall and then later in the year an old 60's model Hasty Bake.

This year I've only bought one grill and it's the other PK 360 I just bought.  I guess I've bought two if you count the new PBC barrel and lid I just bought.

I've taken four bbq classes in the past year and have learned a lot plus a lot of trial and error cooking.    I enjoy this hobby and hope to get better at it as time goes on.

rwalters:

--- Quote from: 70monte on August 17, 2018, 09:58:22 PM ---I don't really remember any grilling or smoking going on when I was growing up.  After getting married at age 23, I ended up getting a habachi and then a cheap Brinkman smoker that I used as a grill.  We later got a cheap gas grill.

I got divorced in 2004 and it wasn't until 2007 that I got serious about grilling by buying a 22" Weber Kettle and then it got crazy with me buying several other Kettles and then getting my first Performer in 2009. 

In 2011, I bought my first real smoker, an 18" WSM.  Then I bought another used WSM, other Weber grills, and an Old Smokey grill.  I then bought a used PBC and used that quite a bit.

In 2016 I went a little crazy and bought a PK classic and then a Good One Open Range.  I then ordered and received the PK 360 when it came out.  A few months later I bought a Good One Marshall and then later in the year an old 60's model Hasty Bake.

This year I've only bought one grill and it's the other PK 360 I just bought.  I guess I've bought two if you count the new PBC barrel and lid I just bought.

I've taken four bbq classes in the past year and have learned a lot plus a lot of trial and error cooking.    I enjoy this hobby and hope to get better at it as time goes on.

--- End quote ---
Nice story! Boy, you don’t mess around or hold back when you find something of interest...lol.

70monte:

--- Quote from: rwalters on August 17, 2018, 10:48:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: 70monte on August 17, 2018, 09:58:22 PM ---I don't really remember any grilling or smoking going on when I was growing up.  After getting married at age 23, I ended up getting a habachi and then a cheap Brinkman smoker that I used as a grill.  We later got a cheap gas grill.

--- End quote ---
Nice story! Boy, you don’t mess around or hold back when you find something of interest...lol.

--- End quote ---

I guess you are right.  I'm still interested in the M1 like you used to have but have resisted the temptation so far.

rwalters:

--- Quote from: 70monte on August 18, 2018, 08:32:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: rwalters on August 17, 2018, 10:48:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I guess you are right.  I'm still interested in the M1 like you used to have but have resisted the temptation so far.

--- End quote ---
Proud of you...lol!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version