Author Topic: I blame smokeasaurus... again  (Read 2898 times)

Offline the wookiee...

I blame smokeasaurus... again
« Reply #-1 on: May 11, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »
howdy all. greetings from Seattle. essentially new here (spend some time on a different forum).

i just wanted you all to know that years back smokeasaurus' camp chef pellet review swayed me to jump into the pellet world with one of those... loved it used it killed it. then last summer it died and i jumped on the timberline 1300 wagon... happy enough with it but found myself wishing i had gone yoder after the fact... but then recently reading all the Mak love here and what a fantastic company they are and the fantastic cookers they make got me thinking... and the deal breaker was smokeasaurus' (& tent hunter's) review. i was done. just sold the timberline and ordered a Mak 1 star decked out from BPS (and they were awesome). can't wait.

i've had charcoal/gas/electric/pellet/offset smokers and grills. i've settled in and now keep 1) offset (can run sticks offset style or vertical charcoal &or PBC style on the warmer) 2) gasser with dedicate infrared side 3) portable charcoal & 4) pellet. use the pellet and gasser the most given life complexities and children etc... cook outside 3-5/days per week.

well there is a new pellet cooker en route. MAK.

thank you all for your fantastic reviews and information all over this forum (experienced, wise, and unbiased). And smokeasaurus - I blame you... again! this is the 2nd cooker you've swayed me into.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:18:36 PM by the wookiee... »
LSG 24x30 offset vertical with warmer/ Mak 1 Star with flame zone/ Weber JJ/ Napoleon Gemini dual hood gasser & infrared (wall2wall grillgrates)/ umai+foodsaver=dry age...

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: I blame smokeasaurus... again
« on: May 11, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum! 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline rwalters

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 03:18:50 PM »
Congrats! You cannot go wrong with a MAK!  The 1 Star is a SMOKING machine. Yeah, that Smoke guy... he’s quite the cooker pusher, eh?  At least he’s pushing the “good stuff”... lol!!!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline the wookiee...

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »
Congrats! You cannot go wrong with a MAK!  The 1 Star is a SMOKING machine. Yeah, that Smoke guy... he’s quite the cooker pusher, eh?  At least he’s pushing the “good stuff”... lol!!!

damnit he is rational reasonable with a keen eye for detail and an appreciation of quality... luckily it shouldn't cost me anything after this MAK!!!
LSG 24x30 offset vertical with warmer/ Mak 1 Star with flame zone/ Weber JJ/ Napoleon Gemini dual hood gasser & infrared (wall2wall grillgrates)/ umai+foodsaver=dry age...

Offline FinsnFeathers

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »
Welcome! You made the right choice.

We are neighbors....I am in Redmond.
MAK 2 Star General #3579

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum from CT
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Roget

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 07:21:33 PM »
Greetings from Indiana.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline mrbbq

• MAK GRILLS
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 07:44:11 PM »
Wookiee---thanks for purchasing American-made.  The MAK WILL SPOIL YOU!  We're glad to welcome you to the MAK Grills family. Get ready to get your tastebuds spoiled!
Owner MAK 2 Star #26 & 2638
First MAK Grills employee

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 09:31:20 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin!  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 09:50:53 PM »
Welcome from northern Cali.   Mak owner here.  I blame a lot of stuff on smoke too.  My wife says "what the hell are you doing"?. My response, "smoke does it and said it would be ok". 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Harriska2

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 10:26:39 PM »
Congrats. I don’t think you’ll regret it. People are always talking about smoke tubes.  I doubt those words will pass your lips once you start cooking.

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 06:52:26 AM »
Welcome from northern Cali.   Mak owner here.  I blame a lot of stuff on smoke too.  My wife says "what the hell are you doing"?. My response, "smoke does it and said it would be ok".
:D
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 06:56:49 AM »
howdy all. greetings from Seattle. essentially new here (spend some time on a different forum).

i just wanted you all to know that years back smokeasaurus' camp chef pellet review swayed me to jump into the pellet world with one of those... loved it used it killed it. then last summer it died and i jumped on the timberline 1300 wagon... happy enough with it but found myself wishing i had gone yoder after the fact... but then recently reading all the Mak love here and what a fantastic company they are and the fantastic cookers they make got me thinking... and the deal breaker was smokeasaurus' (& tent hunter's) review. i was done. just sold the timberline and ordered a Mak 1 star decked out from BPS (and they were awesome). can't wait.

i've had charcoal/gas/electric/pellet/offset smokers and grills. i've settled in and now keep 1) offset (can run sticks offset style or vertical charcoal &or PBC style on the warmer) 2) gasser with dedicate infrared side 3) portable charcoal & 4) pellet. use the pellet and gasser the most given life complexities and children etc... cook outside 3-5/days per week.

well there is a new pellet cooker en route. MAK.

thank you all for your fantastic reviews and information all over this forum (experienced, wise, and unbiased). And smokeasaurus - I blame you... again! this is the 2nd cooker you've swayed me into.  ;D

Welcome to the club.  I have the same experience as you.  I was sway by the members here to give up the bull and pick the military.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 07:59:52 AM »
I think if I am ever invited to one of our gatherings, I am gonna have to think it over..............could be a set up!!!  :)

First off, welcome from Central Texas.

Congrats on your new MAK. You have no idea what you are in store for. I too was intrigued with the Timberline by Traeger. It looked to me like they finally decided to take their crown back.

But, sadly they failed with this offering. The reviews from owners tell the story.

Sure glad you liked the Camp Chef. At the time when it first came out, it was the most feature packed grill on the market. While Camp Chef has made additions to their grill, they have not kicked up the quality.

Speaking of quality, wait until you open up that beautiful crate they have sent you. The MAK will make that Timberline look and feel like a childs toy.

Now if you need any rubs or seasonings help, jut let me know. I do peddle advice on those also!!  :)

I would like to thank you again for trusting my reviews. I do call it like I see it. I am glad the MAK review convinced you to buy the best.

Just make sure you have some help when assembling that beast. Everything is very heavy duty. Not overkill like the Yoder. Heavy duty done right :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 11:24:05 AM »
Congrats. And yeah the Smoke has cost me a lot of money too
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109