Author Topic: Decorated 2 Star  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
Re: Decorated 2 Star
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 11:52:51 AM »
Your speaking my language, SemperFi Marine!

The hood is too hot for any glued decals, magnets will not stick to the real stainless that we make the grills from. You could find a reverse stencil and tape it to the hood the spray in the logo that way, doubt spray paint would adhere to the stainless very well although I have never tried it.

We stenciled a grill hood for John Petrucci (the guitarist from Dream Theater) once using a bead blaster with a stencil taped to the hood. Turned out really cool but it was a royal pain to keep it from blowing off.

Or I could cut an EGA (he knows what this is) out of stainless on the laser, roll it to match the curve of the 2 Star and send it to you if you want :)

That would be amazing.  How much would you charge to cut and bend a piece one for me?

Would it be difficult trying to find someone that could paint/powder coat it with something that could stand up to the temperatures?
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline rwalters

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »

The hood is too hot for any glued decals, magnets will not stick to the real stainless that we make the grills from. You could find a reverse stencil and tape it to the hood the spray in the logo that way, doubt spray paint would adhere to the stainless very well although I have never tried it.

We stenciled a grill hood for John Petrucci (the guitarist from Dream Theater) once using a bead blaster with a stencil taped to the hood. Turned out really cool but it was a royal pain to keep it from blowing off.

Or I could cut an EGA (he knows what this is) out of stainless on the laser, roll it to match the curve of the 2 Star and send it to you if you want :)

That would be amazing.  How much would you charge to cut and bend a piece one for me?

Would it be difficult trying to find someone that could paint/powder coat it with something that could stand up to the temperatures?

Just thinking out loud... but I wonder how it would look cut from the same aluminized steel (used on the lower body of the 2 Star) that is then finished with a high temp black powder coat.  Sure would "pop" with the stainless contrast of the lid.  And much like stainless, aluminized steel will not rust :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 12:18:27 PM »

Semper Fi brother.

MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline MAK Daddy

• Superior Wood Pellet BBQ Smoker-Grills
    • MAK Grills
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 11:11:17 AM »