Other Cooking Equipment > Accessories

How to break in your Grillgrates

(1/4) > >>

Tailgating is my game:
What I have read in the booklet surprises me. It says to spray with a Pam hot grill spray or hot temp cooking oil on the rails. But it does not say to clean them first. Do any of you wash them first & what else did you do to yours for the first cook on them? Thanks Richard

TMB:

--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game on June 10, 2018, 04:34:34 PM ---What I have read in the booklet surprises me. It says to spray with a Pam hot grill spray or hot temp cooking oil on the rails. But it does not say to clean them first. Do any of you wash them first & what else did you do to yours for the first cook on them? Thanks Richard

--- End quote ---
i washed mine with soap and water then on the grill with oil rubbed on them before I cooked with them

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: TMB on June 10, 2018, 06:16:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tailgating is my game on June 10, 2018, 04:34:34 PM ---What I have read in the booklet surprises me. It says to spray with a Pam hot grill spray or hot temp cooking oil on the rails. But it does not say to clean them first. Do any of you wash them first & what else did you do to yours for the first cook on them? Thanks Richard

--- End quote ---
i washed mine with soap and water then on the grill with oil rubbed on them before I cooked with them

--- End quote ---

Thanks Tommy!!! That is what I thought but wanted to be sure. Thanks Again Richard

rwalters:
You might think them to be a pain to clean at first... but they get easier with time. A wide headed flat screw driver does a fabulous job of cleaning the majority of the gunk out from between the rails. That’s how I do it, and then I give the top of the rails a good scrub with my brush.

sschorr:

--- Quote from: rwalters on June 10, 2018, 06:49:14 PM ---You might think them to be a pain to clean at first... but they get easier with time. A wide headed flat screw driver does a fabulous job of cleaning the majority of the gunk out from between the rails. That’s how I do it, and then I give the top of the rails a good scrub with my brush.

--- End quote ---

Are you using grill grates, not the MAK built, on your MAK?  Theirs are made with no flat side, so nothing to scrape?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version