Author Topic: Beef Stroganoff  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: Beef Stroganoff
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 05:21:58 PM »
Great pics indeed. Lighting is a key factor, and he's got it right!

You may find it hard to believe but only lighting was a standard 4 ft fluorescent fixture in the kitchen. That is where the s90 shines. Great Low light and macro performence. I really enjoyed using this little camera the last couple of years.
I have a Canon powershot A1100Is just a couple years old, Takes good pictures but lighting is a issue at times. At night I'll just shut off the lights and use the flash, they come out better that way for me. I usually take about 5 moneyshot pictures and then post the best one :)

Offline RickB

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »
Great pics indeed. Lighting is a key factor, and he's got it right!

You may find it hard to believe but only lighting was a standard 4 ft fluorescent fixture in the kitchen. That is where the s90 shines. Great Low light and macro performence. I really enjoyed using this little camera the last couple of years.
I have a Canon powershot A1100Is just a couple years old, Takes good pictures but lighting is a issue at times. At night I'll just shut off the lights and use the flash, they come out better that way for me. I usually take about 5 moneyshot pictures and then post the best one :)

I try not to use the flash unless neccesary. If you look at my bbq shrimp post you will see one flash photo. I thought the flash really made the color of the cooked shrimp pop.  ( see photo of cooked shrimp on skewers). But i do as you do, always take multiple moneyshots!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:22:24 PM by RickB »

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »
The flash can exagerate colors ecspecially on smoke rings, dang another secret gone :) Ok Back to the regular scheduled programming :)

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Beef Stroganoff
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »
Looks amazing. You missed a spot ;) SEE IT? ;D :o

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 10:54:18 PM »
Great looking plate of comfort food.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,