Author Topic: Chimichurri Sauce (with Roasted Garlic)  (Read 13094 times)

Offline UWFSAE

Chimichurri Sauce (with Roasted Garlic)
« Reply #-1 on: July 15, 2018, 09:53:07 PM »
Was in the mood to brighten up some Angus ribeyes I had set aside for a reverse sear and decided to throw together a chimichurri sauce for the occasion.  I used the base recipe from Bon Appetit (Oct. 2012), with some modifications for personal taste.

- 1 Cup packed fresh Italian Parsley (leaves only)
- 1 Cup packed fresh Cilantro (leaves only)
- 2/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Garlic Cloves, roasted in olive oil and sea salt, fine dice
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Large Lime, Juice and Zest

My brand new Cuisinart Pro Food Processor was unboxed just for this occasion and wouldn't turn on, so I had to resort to a blender.  I like my chimichurri a little more uniform so I used pulse setting quite a bit until I got the consistency I was looking for.  I let it sit at room temperature for about two hours to let the flavors marry.

I was quite happy with the outcome, though I'd probably go to a heaping teaspoon of red pepper flakes or more on the next batch.  It made for a nice herbaceous kick to compliment the ribeye ... it even made a nice dipping sauce for the sweet potato fries.

I made about twice as much as we needed for dinner, so the remainder went into ice trays; now frozen, they've been put into a ziploc bag for future use without all the hassle of prepping the herbs.

Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330