FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

Rib cook for my good friends Bill (BD) & Robb (rwalters)

(1/4) > >>

sparky:
This great thing about this forum is the ppl.  Bill's cooks on his 26 kettle have always impressed me with the great food he produces.  I really like it.  Robb is a bad influence.  He had been my friend for awhile.  We talk BBQ stuff a the time.  Robb told me that he loves his 26 and SnS.  I have been having good luck smoking with my 22 and SnS.  I like my WSM's in the past but love smoking with my kettles.  Easy adjustments, clean up and produces good smoked food. 

So Bill and Robb this one's for y'all.

Fun in the sun.  26 kettle, SnS and spinning grate.  Cooked for 4 hours or so at a temp between 260 - 275°.  I haven't been wrapping my ribs lately because I'm liking the texture and it interrupts my pool time.

Got it all set up.

A little hot coals.

I found some new rubs at Wal-Mart.  Wanted to try them out.  Weber original rub and a spicy chocolate rub.  What should we cook.  You know.....

Looking good.

Oh these turned out good.

Look at the moisture in this rib.  Nice ring too.

Good bite to them and my wife (who has had 100's of ribs from me) loved them.  Ya....

Thanks to Bill and Robb for the great post and inspiration that you both give me.  It means a lot to me.

HighOnSmoke:
Great looking bones Sparky!

akruckus:
Those are looking killer, nicely done.

rwalters:
You finally did it... the 26.75 w SnS!!!!!!!  Excited to see you put it to good use. The ribs look FANTASTIC!! While you were cruising low n slow last night, I had my 26.75 cranking out some 2” reverse seared steaks. Gotta love the versatility of the big ole kettle/SnS setup!  Congrats Gus!  By the way, speaking of bad influences, I think it’s your fault that I have a MAK sitting in my backyard ;)

ACW3:
Gus,
Those ribs look up to your usual standards!!  That spicy chocolate rub sounds interesting.  I'll be on the lookout for it.

Art

Robb,
That steak looks killer.  Just the way I like to cook them.

Art

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version