FORUM SPONSORS > Cookinpellets.com

Oak?

(1/1)

akjeff:
Do you folks offer any 100% Oak pellets? If not, what would you say are the highest heat producing pellet in you produce?

Thanks,

Jeff

Salmonsmoker:

--- Quote from: akjeff on September 25, 2018, 09:59:08 AM ---Do you folks offer any 100% Oak pellets? If not, what would you say are the highest heat producing pellet in you produce?

Thanks,

Jeff

--- End quote ---

Hickory has more Btu's than oak.   http://worldforestindustries.com/forest-biofuel/firewood/firewood-btu-ratings/

cookinpellets junior:
yes hickory burns hot.We do not sell oak or alder... or use it as fillers. although i just got of the phone with a potential dealer in California. He said alder is super popular out here for  smoking fish

Salmonsmoker:

--- Quote from: cookinpellets junior on September 25, 2018, 03:39:32 PM ---yes hickory burns hot.We do not sell oak or alder... or use it as fillers. although i just got of the phone with a potential dealer in California. He said alder is super popular out here for  smoking fish

--- End quote ---

Alder is the traditional smoking wood of Native Americans o the west coast including Alaska. It's all over the place. We're covered with the stuff here in PNW of WA. When I lived in AK many years ago I cut it and used it to smoke salmon.

akjeff:
Thanks for the info guys! Did not realize that Hickory had more BTU's than Oak!  :thumbup:

And yes, Alder is a GREAT fish(and bird and pork) smoking wood. As noted, it's a staple here in Alaska, and the PNW.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version