Other Cooking Equipment > Accessories

MEATER wireless smart meat thermometer

(1/1)

ronman451:
Interesting idea...

https://meater.com/

TMB:

--- Quote from: ronman451 on February 01, 2019, 11:03:31 AM ---Interesting idea...

https://meater.com/

--- End quote ---
It is but to high tech for me  :D     

sparky:
That's kinda cool.  Not much range on it. 

retfr8flyr:
I have had the Meater since it became available. I got it for doing Jotisserie cooks on my Kamado Joe Big Joe. I hated having to lift the lid, to see what the temp was, of whatever I was cooking. The new model has a lot better range than the original that I have but I have an old phone, that I just connect to the Meater and then leave it at the grill. I can monitor everything through wifi with my regular phone, so the range thing doesn't bother me. I don't know of any other device that will work with a rotisserie and this thing works great, it's accurate and gives me the meat temp and the cooking air temp. The only thing I am not happy about is that there isn't any way to replace the battery, so eventually, when it fails to hold a charge, it's throw away time. I wish they could have made it replaceable, even if you had to send it back, it would be better then throwing it away.

ronman451:

--- Quote from: retfr8flyr on February 01, 2019, 11:45:07 PM ---I have had the Meater since it became available. I got it for doing Jotisserie cooks on my Kamado Joe Big Joe. I hated having to lift the lid, to see what the temp was, of whatever I was cooking. The new model has a lot better range than the original that I have but I have an old phone, that I just connect to the Meater and then leave it at the grill. I can monitor everything through wifi with my regular phone, so the range thing doesn't bother me. I don't know of any other device that will work with a rotisserie and this thing works great, it's accurate and gives me the meat temp and the cooking air temp. The only thing I am not happy about is that there isn't any way to replace the battery, so eventually, when it fails to hold a charge, it's throw away time. I wish they could have made it replaceable, even if you had to send it back, it would be better then throwing it away.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. I was wondering what would be a compelling reason to use the MEATER, and... rotisserie!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version