Recipes > Appetizers

Appetizer Type of Day

(1/2) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
A co-worker of my wife sent her a link to a video on Hot Dog burnt ends. She asked my wife if I would make some for her. 
So, I fired up the Akorn to 225 with some cherry wood.

Instead of the hot dogs I first did a batch of little smokies. This is after 1 hour at 225 to 235. The top rack is cheddar and
jalapeno and the bottom are regular smokies.

After 30 minutes at 400 degree the smokies are done. I put them in their pans with brown sugar, butter and the large pan has
Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce on them. The smaller pan has Kosmos Q Cherry Habanero.

All cooled down some and put in bowls to snack on and for my wife to take some to work.

After we snacked on them awhile, I told her that we should do the actual hot dog burnt ends. These are all beef dogs and this is
how they look after an hour at 230.

I put them into a small aluminum pan with the same sauce combination from the smokies. I actually mixed both of the BBQ sauces.
30 minutes at 425 and these are done.

After cooling down some I transferred them to the storage bowl.

Both the smokies and the hot dogs were excellent. I think I favor the hot dogs more but both are good and maybe there will be
enough left for my wife to take to work tomorrow. 8) Just a note: I did season the smokies and the hot dogs with Meat Church
BBQ Honey Hog prior to putting them on for the initial 1 hour.

sparky:
Those look great.  All we need is a beer.

Dakota Don:
I love burnt ends, but haven't made them in a few years dues to medical crap....this looks EASY, so I think I can do this....definitly looking forward to trying it soon. Thanks for sharing this GREAT idea.

TMB:
Those look sooooooo good Mike!

ACW3:
Nice twist on burnt ends!!  Great idea!!

Any particular brand of dogs?

Art

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version