FORUM SPONSORS > MAK Grills

Talk me into the flamezone for my 1star!

(1/3) > >>

mikeharold:
Seriously, think I just need a nudge. Sold my weber gasser today and thinking about getting the flamezone for my 1 star. For those that did it, what are your thoughts? Hadn't used the weber in quite some time due to having the MAK and weber 22" kettle that handle the majority of my cooking these days. With cooler weather, hopefully, coming it would be nice to be able to handle everything on the MAK without dealing with charcoal especially when/if it rains. Been doing pizza about once a week on the MAK as well and was hoping it may raise the tamp a bit as well.

So lets have your input! Thanks.

rwalters:
I cook on a 2 Star which has the Funnel Flame Zone as standard equipment. Prior to that, I had a 1 Star without the FFZ. Grilling is much better when you have the newer Flame Zone setup. With all heat being funneled to the cooking grate and allowed to come right through the drip pan... it makes a huge difference!  I have cooked on many grills and smokers over the years, some being pretty darn nice... and some not so nice... lol. I can honestly say that the MAK with FFZ is my all time favorite all around grill. I also have a 26.75 Weber kettle which I really enjoy... but I hardly ever use it because I enjoy the MAK even more! The only time I favor the kettle is when I want an insanely hot sear... and to be honest, it is not very often that I need it that hot. Plus it is really hard to not love the convenance of flipping a switch when you are in a hurry, tired, not in the mood to mess with charcoal or the weather ain’t all that :)

smokeasaurus:
OK,  get a Flamezone 

sparky:
Mak 1 star w/ flame zone vs weber kettle with charcoal and grill grates.  Only one choice in my opinion.  Weber rules.  I have owned maks with flame zone.  Maks = smokers and roasters.  A weber is a grilling machine.  I love maks but will always own a Weber kettle.

mikeharold:
I love my kettle and can't see being without it. If I could only have one grill that would be it for sure. Sometimes it's nice to not have to deal with the charcoal though. Got my gasser before I got the kettle, before the MAK as well, and did like the convenience when the weather wasn't great or I was tired or it gets dark at 4:30. Stopped using the gasser though between having the MAK and the kettle. Just wondering if the flamezone is worth the investment vs having a gas grill. Trying to slim down on the less used cookers. The flamezone seems as though it may help bridge the gap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version