Recipes > Game Meats

Elk Pot Roast....with GRAVY!!!

(1/2) > >>

teesquare:
ELK POT ROAST with GRAVY!!!                                                                                     12/24/19

2-1/2 - 3-1/2 POUNDS OF ELK ROAST - remove all silver skin, any fat and all tendon. Cut up into small pieces approx. 2” thick

In a bowl or sealable container, place the following:

1- qt. Whole buttermilk.

1-tbs salt

2 oz. apple cider vinegar.

1-packet of Lipton Onion-Mushroom soup mix

2 or 3 Tbs of Montreal Steak Seasoning

Mix all together - add the Elk meat. Place in fridge for 24-36 hours.

Remove elk meat and put in colander in sink to drain off the buttermilk mixture. Gently rinse off meat. Now - lightly flour the pieces of Elk.  - And  shake off all the excess flour.

Next - in a really hot skillet - add just enough oil of your choice ( I use avocado ) to sauté and brown the meat. Don’t try to cook it thru…just brown it.

In a 6-8 qt. Slow cooker - place  the following:

1- pound baby carrots - cut up as you like

1-pound of celery - chopped into small pieces

2 pounds of Rainbow Potatoes quartered into thumb sized pieces - if you can find them - multiple colors add a nice touch

1- can of Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup

1- can of Campbells Cream of Celery Soup

16 0z. Of Chicken stock

And…of course the Elk meat as browned above. I like to layer in the elk and vegetables. And you can substitute, add or delete vegetables to you liking.

Cook this on high for about 2 hours - and then on low for 4 more. Or until the meat and potatoes are tender. As well - no Elk…? Any lean meat you like will work.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

ACW3:
Sounds good!!  I just happen to have some elk meat in my freezer.  I’ll have to give this a try.

Art

HighOnSmoke:
Looks real good Tim!

RAD:
Now that is different. I would love to give it try, I bet it was delicious

sparky:
Looks great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version