Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Kamado Style Cookers

New Years Eve Prime Rib....I've had better

(1/3) > >>

bamabob:
Did a prime rib for NY Eve.  Kosher salt and in the fridge overnight, fresh ground pepper and granulated garlic the next day.  On the keg at 250* for 2-1/2 hours to IT of 225*.  Took out the diffuser and did a reverse sear.  This was a 4 pound Prime rib from Walmart. 
Didn't have the good beef taste usually found with prime rib though it was tender.  Should have got one from Costco. 

RG:
It looks excellent! In the past I didn't care for Walmart beef at all but they actually have pretty decent beef these days. It's a shame that prime rib didn't live up to expectations. I do agree Costco has very good beef, never been disappointed with my purchases there.

Happy New Year Bob! I hope you and Pat have a fantastic 2020 :)

Pappymn:
Looks great to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokeasaurus:
Sure looks good.

I just recently stopped buying all red meat from Wal-Mart. It is low grade and just not good.

closest Costco for us is in Green Bay

I am getting all my red meat now from Kroger which at least here in Wisconsin is all Angus grade

What a difference.

HighOnSmoke:
Looks good from here. I also buy a lot of our meat now from either an online butcher shop or Sam's Club. Kroger has decent meat too which is a lot better than Walmart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version