Author Topic: Chuck Roast on the Weber 26er  (Read 11542 times)

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
Chuck Roast on the Weber 26er
« Reply #-1 on: May 09, 2020, 10:45:14 PM »
Getting to know my Weber 26er. Today was a chuck roast, low n slow with the SnS XL and a couple of chunks of hickory.

Trying a new rub. Seasoned and in the fridge for a few hours...

A couple of hours in, getting some nice color. My wife needed some roasted jalapenos for salsa.

This was after about four hours. Wrapped in foil and back on the smoker for another few hours, until probe-tender.

And the plate. It was outstanding. The Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow rub is a keeper!
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline Lines

Re: Chuck Roast on the Weber 26er
« on: May 10, 2020, 08:49:28 AM »
Going to Iowa on Tuesday to pick up the rest of our belongings. Our smoker is finally coming to Alabama. We have a nice lookng chuck roast in the freezer. I think that I'll cook it like you did Ronman, that looks and sounds awesome. Where do you buy that rub?

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 10:22:08 AM »
Going to Iowa on Tuesday to pick up the rest of our belongings. Our smoker is finally coming to Alabama. We have a nice lookng chuck roast in the freezer. I think that I'll cook it like you did Ronman, that looks and sounds awesome. Where do you buy that rub?

I got the Simply Marvelous rub online at Big Poppa Smokers. The Peppered Cow came highly recommended by RG in this recent post, and I'm glad I gave it a try! 

https://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=24019.msg303351;topicseen#msg303351
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline Lines

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 10:32:48 AM »
Great. Thanks Guys!