Author Topic: Took a chicken for a spin  (Read 11777 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Took a chicken for a spin
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 03:38:01 PM »
Looks perfect to me Smoke.   How is Smoochie ? Have not seen him in awhile

Smoochie is chillaxin Tommy.

I will bring him out for the next cook  :) 
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 03:38:23 PM »
smoke, that looks perfect. But doesn't the chicken get dizzy if you spin it that much?

LOL  :) 
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 03:38:52 PM »
who gave smoke the bird????

I actually bought this one  LOL  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline journeymanjohn

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 03:41:32 PM »
Nice! I just started doing rotisserie cooks last week... Chickens are next on my list. Hopefully they will turn out as awesome as yours!

I assumed that chickens are the preferred or typical rotisserie beginner's choice for learning with. Am I mistaken?

What did you begin with?

The reason I ask is that I have a rotisserie for the Hasty Bake that has never seen use, but am growing eager to try it.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2020, 08:48:30 PM »
Nice! I just started doing rotisserie cooks last week... Chickens are next on my list. Hopefully they will turn out as awesome as yours!

I assumed that chickens are the preferred or typical rotisserie beginner's choice for learning with. Am I mistaken?

What did you begin with?

The reason I ask is that I have a rotisserie for the Hasty Bake that has never seen use, but am growing eager to try it.

I think chickens are the first choice when it comes to "spinning" but I have also seen these baskets that fit on the spit where you can put anything in that will fit
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline journeymanjohn

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2020, 10:27:25 PM »

What did you begin with?

I think chickens are the first choice when it comes to "spinning" but I have also seen these baskets that fit on the spit where you can put anything in that will fit

Cool. I do have some large chubs of baloney I could start with, just to get a feel of setting up coal, best distance from rotisserie, and such. I wouldn't have to worry about wings or balancing as much. I just never really considered it a rotisserie meat, although it smokes well, and fried in a cast iron pan is excellent.

Sorry for hijacking your thread....

Nice looking bird, by the way!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2020, 07:06:23 PM »

What did you begin with?

Cool. I do have some large chubs of baloney I could start with, just to get a feel of setting up coal, best distance from rotisserie, and such. I wouldn't have to worry about wings or balancing as much. I just never really considered it a rotisserie meat, although it smokes well, and fried in a cast iron pan is excellent.

Sorry for hijacking your thread....

Nice looking bird, by the way!

No worries, let us know how that bologna spins :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 11:06:15 AM »
Yup, that chicken spun for 2.5 hours over lump charcoal and rings of red maple. Used Bucks seasoning which is really good on yardbird.

Wendy got into the breast meat before I could do the final shot but ya get the idea

Thanks for lookin at The Smokes cookin  :)

That's a fine looking cook there! Chicken looks fantastic!!!
I have a rotisserie on a gas grill I've been thinking about using again soon.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill