Recipes > Seafood

KyNola's New Orleans style BBQ shrimp (no pics)

(1/4) > >>

Ka Honu:
Made one of my "go-to" recipes tonight - KyNola's New Orleans style BBQ shrimp - and realized that I'd never seen it on LTBBQ so thought I'd share. Larry & Jan have made some major contributions to our knowledge base (e.g. Jan's Rub) and invented this several years ago. It's amazing!

Link and discussion (from another site) here. If you like your shrimp ("scrimps" to you, Tommy) spicy you'll love this stuff.

Larry recommends plenty of crusty bread for the sauce but you can also serve it over rice, couscous, or grits (cheese grits for me).

OBTW, I am now able to get Zatarain's liquid crab boil so don't have to fake that part of the recipe any more. I cut it back a bit (1.5 Tbsp instead of 2) to mollify SWMBO but follow the recipe otherwise.

Leftovers, if any, are great in omelets, burritos, sandwiches, or as is.

Check it out!

teesquare:
The recipe looks great! Similar to Pascal's BBQ shrimp?

TMB:
New Orleans Scrimp sounds so good.   Got it on my to do list thanks for posting Turtle

Ka Honu:

--- Quote from: teesquare on August 01, 2020, 06:24:37 PM ---Similar to Pascal's BBQ shrimp?
--- End quote ---

As I recall, Pascal Manale's sauce had olive oil, worstershire and wine; KyNola's has bacon, butter, and crab boil. Different critters.

KyNola:
Thanks Ka Honu!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version