Other Cooking Equipment > Other cookers

Steamer

(1/1)

GusRobin:
Looking at getting a steamer. Any recommendations? Electric? analog, digital?

zueth:
I can’t help you it as I don’t have one, when we steam vegetables I use the basket that came with my rice cooker. Let me know what end up purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pam Gould:
I use my Instant Pot pressure cooker for steamed veggies..I made 1# of asparagus last night..1 minute and it was perfect. This is fabulous for fresh veggies.

zueth:

--- Quote from: Pam Gould on December 04, 2021, 04:10:12 PM ---I use my Instant Pot pressure cooker for steamed veggies..I made 1# of asparagus last night..1 minute and it was perfect. This is fabulous for fresh veggies.

--- End quote ---
Great idea, I have a IP, don’t know why I haven’t used it yet.

Salmonsmoker:

--- Quote from: zueth on December 05, 2021, 10:09:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pam Gould on December 04, 2021, 04:10:12 PM ---I use my Instant Pot pressure cooker for steamed veggies..I made 1# of asparagus last night..1 minute and it was perfect. This is fabulous for fresh veggies.

--- End quote ---
Great idea, I have a IP, don’t know why I haven’t used it yet.

My wife gave me an Instant Pot 3 yrs. ago and it's mostly a counter ornament, although I did a pot roast in it the other night, which turned out quite good. About 90% of what I use it for is making bone broth. It's killer for that, because I don't have to have a simmering pot on the stove for hours and hours. 90 mins. on high pressure and natural release, separate the fat, into 1 qt. freezer zip locks and in the freezer. We always have a big Thanksgiving with two turkeys in the pelletizer. After stripping the carcasses, two runs of the IP gives about 3-4 qts. of broth per. Much better that store bought.   

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version