Recipes > Poultry

Turkey Brine- Bon Appetit recipe

<< < (2/2)

IR2dum:

--- Quote from: Ka Honu on November 23, 2021, 03:28:23 PM ---
I probably shouldn't even post since SWMBO is spending the week with her daughter's family (read "grandchildren") on the mainland and I'm home alone, so to speak. I'm replacing the traditional turkey, dressing, and gravy this year with ribs, Cowboy beans, coleslaw, and the Saints game.

--- End quote ---

The Turtle is home alone without SWMBO's supervision? What could possibly go wrong?

stalag:

--- Quote from: IR2dum on November 23, 2021, 10:10:16 PM ---
I probably shouldn't even post since SWMBO is spending the week with her daughter's family (read "grandchildren") on the mainland and I'm home alone, so to speak. I'm replacing the traditional turkey, dressing, and gravy this year with ribs, Cowboy beans, coleslaw, and the Saints game.

--- End quote ---

The Turtle is home alone without SWMBO's supervision? What could possibly go wrong?

--- End quote ---

I hear wild parties might ensue!

Ka Honu:

--- Quote from: stalag on November 23, 2021, 10:19:26 PM ---I hear wild parties might ensue!
--- End quote ---

They've already started but unfortunately my definition of "wild party" has changed over the years. Nowadays it qualifies if I have a drink and can stay awake long enough to remember what I think I did back then.

zueth:

--- Quote from: zueth on November 22, 2021, 11:29:40 PM ---First one sounds like a rub, not a brine.
--- End quote ---

Anyway, with the salt and "curing time" I'd call it a "dry brine." I'm not all that fond of soaking a turkey (I think it negatively affects the texture, especially of the white meat) and, several years ago, went to dry brines similar to the one described and have had consistently great results.

Jus' sayin'...

--- End quote ---
Interesting, makes sense, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmillen:

--- Quote from: Ka Honu on November 23, 2021, 03:28:23 PM ---Anyway, with the salt and "curing time" I'd call it a "dry brine."

--- End quote ---

Yep.  Commonly called a dry brine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version