Other Cooking Equipment > Other cookers

Has anyone used a Thermal Cooker yet?

(1/2) > >>

Pam Gould:
I have been reading about a thermal cooker...it's based on the concept of the big easy but with no electricity or plug ins. You bring the food up to the temp that you want it and put it in the pot and then put it in a bigger pot and the infrared heat completes the cooking for as long as you like. It doesn't overcook and it finished cooking what you put in the pot.  I still use my Big easy and it works on the same principal without added heat, pot in a pot.
They are a Japanese item, not chinese. I am looking and wondering if anyone else is using it. I like that you can take it anywhere without plugging to anything.
There are tons of recipes on how to use it and what to cook..  Just heat to the temp you want and then put it in pot and let it finish cooking.

RAD:
I have not but would be interested

Pam Gould:

--- Quote from: RAD on November 13, 2022, 09:22:58 AM ---I have not but would be interested

--- End quote ---
Thermos brand is supposed to be the best...no plug-ins. Just bring your food up to temp and load in Thermos and let'r rip. Lots of sizes, but I love the no plug in for campground.  Everyone has them now. I'm late to the party as usual.

Jaxon:
Am I missing something?
Do you have to cook the food THEN put it in the "cooker"?
I'll google it and see how it works.
Currently, I'm studying the Burch Barrel Grill for a possible Spring purchase.
Now, Tommy would would REALLY flip for that one.

Pam Gould:

--- Quote from: Jaxon on November 19, 2022, 10:45:31 AM ---Am I missing something?
Do you have to cook the food THEN put it in the "cooker"?
I'll google it and see how it works.
Currently, I'm studying the Burch Barrel Grill for a possible Spring purchase.
Now, Tommy would would REALLY flip for that one.

--- End quote ---

Jaxon...you cook the food up to temp an out it in the pot...a pot within a pot like the pot in a TBE or SRG and it finishes cooking and stays warm for about 8 hours. With no plug ins. I'm thinking great for the campground.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version