Other Cooking Equipment > Other cookers

Cooking Turkey

(1/3) > >>

cookiecdcmk:
Everyone is probably getting ready for Thanksgiving, and I will do the usual turkeys.  Over the years, I have cooked them using almost everything including Big Easy, Pellet Grill, Smoker, Offset, Grill, Propane Deep Fryer, and Kitchen Oven.  I have been using the Propane Deep Fryer for many years now, because everyone likes fried turkey.  The other methods were successful to different degress, and everyone usually has a favorite.  I recently have been looking at the Masterbuilt 10.6 qt Electric Deep Fryer and wondered if anyone has used one and what they think about it?  It looks less messy and I like the oil drain, but I see mixed reviews on it.

tlg4942:
  I'm going to do a turkey on the 980 tomorrow morning.  I always used my crawfish pot for turkeys if frying or boiling.  Since I tend to be on the messy side I get in less trouble if I keep it outside!
Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.   

cookiecdcmk:
Good luck with yours.  One other reason that I thought about the electric fryer is less chance for fire.  I read that there are over 4300 fires each year with turkey fryers.

Lines:
We're having turkey. I have been busy restoring some furniture and other household items, so I'm letting the Mrs. cook ours in the kitchen oven. I don't mind that at all because she does a very good job. We might try deep frying ours next year. I've seen some of my friends do it, so I kind of have an idea how. I do know it is delicious.

Ka Honu:
Rule #1 for frying turkey: Make sure the bird is TOTALLY THAWED unless you want to see a BIG explosion and burn your house down.

Rule #2 for frying turkey: NEVER forget or violate Rule #1.

Rule #3 for frying turkey: If you violate Rule #1, make sure someone is visually recording the event from a safe distance. The video will be amazingly popular on any of a number of websites and/or social media platforms and will serve as a memorable keepsake for your survivors.

Jus' sayin'...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version