Author Topic: New Gas Grill  (Read 3567 times)

Offline MJSBBQ

New Gas Grill
« Reply #-1 on: May 08, 2023, 06:10:41 PM »
OK, so after 16 years, My RED Charbroil has finally bit the dust. What are you guys favorite gasser?  Most of my friends have Weber, but I am open to anything. I would like a 4 burner. What do you all think?

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
Re: New Gas Grill
« on: May 08, 2023, 08:50:33 PM »
I looked long and hard at the Napoleon Grills. The one I almost got (the Prestige line, I believe) had a couple of cool features that Weber didn't have, like an infrared side burner and a back burner (for rotisserie). I ended up with a Weber Genesis and it's been rock-solid so far.
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline old sarge

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 09:17:31 PM »
My grill is old, and was manufactured by Twinn Eagles for Ducane.  Twinn Eagles is pricey.  Depending upon budget, check out Napoleon, Lion, Kalamazoo, You might have to take out a mortgage on the homestead for the Kalamazoo but it is sweet.
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Offline BobDE

• Lower Slower Delaware
    • Random Thoughts and Photos
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 06:29:54 AM »
I had a 25 year old Thermador. When it finally died I did a LOT of research. I ended up getting the Napoleon. I love this grill. I can finally sear my steak the way that I like it. We also got the basket for the rotisserie and make perfect chicken wings. Look long and hard at the Napoleon before you decide. 
Napoleon Prestige 500 with GrillGrates
Charbroil Big Easy SRG
Camp Chef FTG600

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 10:59:12 AM »
Isn't the Char-Broil Red an infrared unit?  Do you want another IR grill?
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 07:12:46 PM »
Infrared has been very good with me. Before the Charbroil RED, my grill was a Jenn Air that had flame out deluxe. The RED got rid of that completely, and I learned a lot through the years about cooking in general.

I was looking at the Weber Genesis Smart Sx335, that is sort of infrared. The other one that has been mentioned is the Napoleon Prestige.

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 07:18:24 PM »
One other thing. Grill Grate Grills have been a game changer for me through the years. I will add them to any new grill I get!

Offline BobDE

• Lower Slower Delaware
    • Random Thoughts and Photos
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 05:29:51 AM »
One other thing. Grill Grate Grills have been a game changer for me through the years. I will add them to any new grill I get!

I agree 100%. I will never own a grill without Grill Grates. Game changer for sure!
Napoleon Prestige 500 with GrillGrates
Charbroil Big Easy SRG
Camp Chef FTG600

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 09:28:46 AM »
I'm thinking that Char-Broil is still selling IR grills in big box stores.  You got 16 years of service from the Red.  Maybe you'll get 16 more from a new Char-Broil IR unit.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas