Author Topic: Mongolian BBQ Beef  (Read 5300 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Mongolian BBQ Beef
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »
An excellent cook right there.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »
I used this as a guideline if anyone wants to try it...
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mongolian-beef-10000001940984/
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
Thanks, Scallywag!

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Sam3

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 10:06:14 AM »
Great looking plate Scally!
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline Old Hickory

• Creston, Ca. Member #52
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »
I have never had Mongolian BBQ beef.  That dish looks great.
Char-broil SRG
Bradley 4DS w/ dual elem mod, PID
Charmglow 5 burner pgg w/rotisserie
Weber Kettle w/rotisserie
Pit Barrel Cooker
Cuisinart TOF-60

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 08:48:38 PM »
If you ever get to go to a Mongolian BBQ, do it.  Basically, the way it's set up is you go down a line where there are different types of meat cut very thin.  Then you continue to where there are a variety of vegetables cut bit sized.  Finally, you get to where there are various sauces with various spices, flavors, and heat.  At each station you pick whatever and as much as you want and put it all into one bowl. Then you hand it to the cook who puts it all on a flat top griddle, mixes it all up, cooks it and returns it to you either on a plate or in a bowl. You can set up and do it at your home for a nice treat.  It's better if you have a number of people over.  I'm sure there's somewhere on the web with some ways to do it.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »
If you ever get to go to a Mongolian BBQ, do it.  Basically, the way it's set up is you go down a line where there are different types of meat cut very thin.  Then you continue to where there are a variety of vegetables cut bit sized.  Finally, you get to where there are various sauces with various spices, flavors, and heat.  At each station you pick whatever and as much as you want and put it all into one bowl. Then you hand it to the cook who puts it all on a flat top griddle, mixes it all up, cooks it and returns it to you either on a plate or in a bowl. You can set up and do it at your home for a nice treat.  It's better if you have a number of people over.  I'm sure there's somewhere on the web with some ways to do it.  Dee

Dee

Is there one out your way?

Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline Tinnmel

• Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »
We have a Ghengis Khan Mongolian Grill, several Warrior's Grills, and a number of the chinese buffets now also have a mongolian bbq setup.  I live in Hampton Roads which consist of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newport News, and Suffolk, VA.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »
We used to have one here in Augusta but it closed a few years ago.  When I was in the Army we use to have Mongolian nights at the Officers Clubs every so often.  It's possible there maybe one around Savannah somewhere.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 07:25:06 AM »
The only thing I trust eating at a buffet is Mongolian BBQ because you pick out the uncooked ingredients, put them on a plate and then they cook it in front of you on a huge, round, flat top.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »
The only thing I trust eating at a buffet is Mongolian BBQ because you pick out the uncooked ingredients, put them on a plate and then they cook it in front of you on a huge, round, flat top.

they need to make the bowls bigger.  can't get enough stuff in them.   :'(
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
I think the ideal container for a buffet should be a garbage can lid.  Think about it...it's big and you've got a nice handle to hold on underneath as you move along the buffet.  Dee