FORUM SPONSORS > A-MAZE-N PRODUCTS

Hickory Smoked Salt

(1/4) > >>

Tenpoint5:
Did another bottle of Mediterranean Sea Salt. The salt got a total of 8 hours of Hickory Smoke on two back to back days. Now it will sit corked for a couple of weeks, then I will use it in my salt grinder.

Loaded into the Bradley waiting for the AMZNPS to get fired up and smoking

After the first 4 hours on day one

After the second 4 hours on day two

Pam Gould:
Looks good to me...I have smoked and resmoked my salts several times for more flavor. I got some from the store and it was so  potent I threw it out. Homemade is great on fresh and grilled veggies and meats. Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

sparky:
any type of salt will do?  I could do this w/ my WSM I think.  is smoked salt better?  I have cold smoked cherries from my trees cut in 1/2 for margaritas.  very good.

Tenpoint5:

--- Quote from: sparky1 on April 09, 2013, 12:56:59 PM ---any type of salt will do?  I could do this w/ my WSM I think.  is smoked salt better?  I have cold smoked cherries from my trees cut in 1/2 for margaritas.  very good.

--- End quote ---

Much better Sparky. I like using salts that I can run through my grinder but any salt will do

sparky:
i'm going to go get some today from trader joes.  just rough cut salt to run thru a grinder.  okie dokie.  I like it.  might as well get some paprika too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version