Welcome Center > Posting Photos & Videos

re-sizing jpeg photos for message boards

<< < (3/3)

Keymaster:

--- Quote from: rexster314 on April 11, 2013, 11:17:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Keymaster on April 10, 2013, 02:32:45 PM ---That's  a great tutorial Capt.
I recently set my camera to take 640 X 480 pictures for normal everyday forum pictures. No resizing necessary.

--- End quote ---
The only problem with that is one of these days you're going to take an image you would REALLY like to get enlarged. There won't be enough pixels to get a decent enlargement.

--- End quote ---
That's so True Rexter :)

Jerz:
From my windows 7 machine I simply select all of the pics I want to post using holding ctrl and clicking with the mouse and then right click the files and send to outlook and it automatically shrinks them and then I just save in a folder...

RickB:
Was reading this post and thought I would give it a try. The smallest native file size on my camera is 720x480. did one that size. Did the other in my usual shooting size of 5184x3456. Used paint to reduce to 720x480. file sizes were 129kb and 7.22mb. Can you tell the difference?

Maybe a little but not worth the upload times!

ps the burger was great!

pz:
Certainly not a big enough difference to notice.

For a freeware solution, irfanview is one I've been using for my casual photos for years - does batch processing as well.  My favorite is still Picasa (freeware from Google) which I use to manage over 25,000 images.  The ones I want to share I simply click and when uploaded will automatically be resized and automatically placed into web albums for web sharing. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version