Welcome Center > Posting Photos & Videos

re-sizing jpeg photos for message boards

<< < (2/3) > >>

TMB:
Good info Capt!   I use Photo Filter when I resize (only cause that's what I learned on.   

Funny thing is I loaded Photo Filtre (yes that's the correct spelling)   on Kimmie's lap top but it came in the French version!  ;)     Now Kimmie thinks I speak French !      OUI!  :D :D :D :D

chris becker:
I use fast simple 2 step re sizer that Microsoft offers thru powertoys. It's free but this version only works in XP...waiting for 7 and 8 to come on board.
After install just right click on any jpg file and click a radio button to resize.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx
I'm an illustrator guy more then photoshop and love how simple it is. Yes I know XP is not the big dog on the street but I only run CS4 and it works fine.

Smokin Don:
Between food , family and bird photos I take 2 to 3000 photos a year. Photoshop Elements is the best program out there as far as I am concerned for cataloging and working on my photos. The editor has a batch process feature where I can resize a bunch of photos in one setup. I have done 20 to 40 at one time. If you don't take a lot of photos then CJ and others have posted good info on what's available and how to do it. Don

rexster314:

--- Quote from: Keymaster on April 10, 2013, 02:32:45 PM ---That's  a great tutorial Capt.
I recently set my camera to take 640 X 480 pictures for normal everyday forum pictures. No resizing necessary.

--- End quote ---
The only problem with that is one of these days you're going to take an image you would REALLY like to get enlarged. There won't be enough pixels to get a decent enlargement.

drbiggles:

--- Quote from: CaptJack on April 10, 2013, 01:49:31 PM ---
when we get folks that don't understand we are always recommending some program they have to download to re-size and crop with and they are intimidated.

Paint is already in their box and all they have to do is follow the simple instructions and then they can attach the photo file to the post without having to upload it to a photo hosting site.

the easiest method

--- End quote ---

Perfection for those who have no clue or foundation to work from.  For those who already have their chosen work flows, carry on.

xo, Biggles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version