Other Cooking Equipment > SOUS VIDE COOKING

Sous Vide cooking

(1/7) > >>

Rummm:
I tread gingerly here, as most people don't understand the concept of it......Sous Vide = "cooking under vacuum" in French. It is a hobby that I took up a few months ago and I'm by no means an expert. There is much better information on the Internet. I like to combine Sous Vide cooking with my grill.....either before or after. Cooking Sous Vide leaves your meat looking bland, so a sear on the grill after is a must. Sometimes before. Doesn't matter which.

The cook below does not involve the grill, but it is one of the best Corned Beef Briskets I've ever cooked, so thought I'd share it :)

A 3½ lb corned beef brisket that I picked up at the store for a bargain. No seasoning pack, so I just used black pepper and garlic.

Went into the SV at 160° for 30 hours*

No need to hit it with the torch, it has enough color for my needs

Sliced  :)

Served with a baked sweet potato and sv green beans

* probably one of the best CB's I've cooked  :P Not over done, sliced perfectly and still was tender without using a knife. This will make perfect sandwiches.

ACW3:
WOW!!  That looks great.  I guess I may have to add this to my list.  Damn list keeps getting longer instead of shorter.  Kind of like my wife's honey-do list.

Art

teesquare:
I think we need a Sous Vide section.....hmmmm enough interest?

Pappymn:
I like the idea Tee. I've seen the method used a lot on the various cooking shows. Seems very cool, and the results speak for themselves.

teesquare:
Like Jean-Luc Piccard says..."Make it so"..... ;D I will get someone to set it up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version