Author Topic: Woodbury, MN KCBS Sam's Club Comp  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Pappymn

Woodbury, MN KCBS Sam's Club Comp
« Reply #-1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »
The Sam's Club tour is in my town today. So I dragged the long suffering with me to go have a look. My timing was great as I got to peak at a couple of rib boxes being assembled. It was close to rib turn in time!

I chatted up a few teams. I'm sure this is pretty standard, but everybody was very nice. Talked equipment with some. Lot of Weber Smokey Mountains being used. As well as several pellet grills. Just a wide range of equipment in use.

Wore one of my shirts I like.....my t shirts always make a statement

One team flagged me down as he loved my shirt.....had to show his wife too.  He had a cool pellet grill mounted to a trailer that was made in Minnesota.....pretty cool.  He insisted I sample a rib. It was one of the very best ribs I have ever had......just perfect IMHO.

Just a neat experience. Would like to try a comp someday.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline dawrecknq

Re: Woodbury, MN KCBS Sam's Club Comp
« on: July 13, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »
I just wish we had a leader of Ronaldo Magness to rise up and lead this country back to greatness! Like Ronaldo did after Jimah Caateer....the second worst president of this countries life time!

Is there any way to bring him back????

Dan
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:37:11 PM »
The Sam's Club tour is in my town today. So I dragged the long suffering with me to go have a look. My timing was great as I got to peak at a couple of rib boxes being assembled. It was close to rib turn in time!

I chatted up a few teams. I'm sure this is pretty standard, but everybody was very nice. Talked equipment with some. Lot of Weber Smokey Mountains being used. As well as several pellet grills. Just a wide range of equipment in use.

Wore one of my shirts I like.....my t shirts always make a statement

One team flagged me down as he loved my shirt.....had to show his wife too.  He had a cool pellet grill mounted to a trailer that was made in Minnesota.....pretty cool.  He insisted I sample a rib. It was one of the very best ribs I have ever had......just perfect IMHO.

Just a neat experience. Would like to try a comp someday.

Sounds like a great Day, Pappy! To bad most of the comps are the same time as softball tournaments... someday...  ::)

BTW - I like your shirt, too! At the tournament today I saw a young lady with a "Who is John Galt" t-shirt. One of my favorites.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Patio Cook#1

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 05:41:50 PM »
Nice Shirt.
My Avatar on another forum -

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
Nice Shirt.
My Avatar on another forum -

That is awesome.
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 05:46:40 PM »
Sound like a good time Pappy!! I have a George W Bush Ventriloquist doll. He says things like "That's just fuzzy Math" :) I bought him thinking It would be worth lots of money one day, Wrong. There $1.95 on ebay now and I paid $30- 12 years ago ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/President-George-W-Bush-Puppet-Ventriloquist-Doll-/380675333563?pt=Pretend_Play_Preschool_US&hash=item58a2049dbb

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 07:29:06 PM »
I just checked the results. The team that gave me a rib.....took first in ribs and fourth overall.

I did have the best ribs!
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 07:38:21 AM »
"I chatted up a few teams. I'm sure this is pretty standard, but everybody was very nice. Talked equipment with some. Lot of Weber Smokey Mountains being used. As well as several pellet grills. Just a wide range of equipment in use."

It's hard to beat. WSM as an inexpensive (relatively) smoker that's almost idiot proof!
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 07:59:50 AM »
Sounds fun, and... GREAT shirt.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »
Wish I knew how to steal that Avatar!!!!
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"