Author Topic: Hamburger Improvement  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Re: Hamburger Improvement
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 12:10:15 AM »
50% ground brisket flat to either 80/20 chuck or sirloin.
Oh Man, the ground brisket sounds like an Awesome idea! You've got me thinking now... I was out at Sam's today and they had just gotten a bunch of decent looking brisket flats in and are priced at $2.79/lb. WOW. (let's see, ground beef for $3.99 or Brisket for $2.79  ::) :o 8) I'm going back tomorrow to grab a few at that price. I like Dee's idea about the food processor...my wife said no  :-\ to me buying a grinder, but I just bought a big Cuisinart processor, so I hope you can keep us posted on how that works out. 
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 12:20:05 AM »
I love the idea of having some bacon in with the burger mix, but I'm hoping some of you knowledgeable people out there can weigh in on this for me:  Some of the articles I read on this awhile back said to cook the bacon first (at least partially) prior to mixing it into the burger, as they felt it wouldn't get hot enough inside the burger to properly cook? Survey says...  :-*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:22:57 AM by BigDon »
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
Don,  I like to put the bacon in raw because the fat gives more flavor as it cooks.  I do put cooked bacon in my pimento cheese when I make it.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
Got a email from Tillamook cheese today. Heres a whole bunch of tested (not by me) recipes for you Dee :)

http://www.tillamook.com/recipes/recipepalooza/burger

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 10:39:36 PM »
Keymaster, Thanks.  Those are really interesting.  I've done the pimento cheese before and it's great.  I sometimes put crispy bacon in my pimento cheese.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline Sandman

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »
After reading all these I had to try ground bacon mixed with ground chuck. I ground a pound of my buck board bacon and mixed 50/50. Probably too much bacon, but is that possible? I cooked on a gas charbroiler. Bad idea because of flare ups. Still they turned out great.

The ground bacon.
Mixed and pattied.
My burger.

Some of Smokin Don's gourmet butter on it, that stuff is excellent.

Offline Pappymn

Hamburger Improvement
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
After reading all these I had to try ground bacon mixed with ground chuck. I ground a pound of my buck board bacon and mixed 50/50. Probably too much bacon, but is that possible? I cooked on a gas charbroiler. Bad idea because of flare ups. Still they turned out great.

The ground bacon.
Mixed and pattied.
My burger.

Some of Smokin Don's gourmet butter on it, that stuff is excellent.

Looks excellent. Would a cast iron pan or griddle been a better tool? I had this same issue with my fattie burger grind
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »
Looks really great.  That is one of the many reasons I like my IR cookers...no flare ups.  Dee