Author Topic: You just got to luv Amazon.com.  (Read 1353 times)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
You just got to luv Amazon.com.
« Reply #-1 on: August 15, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »
They just sucked me into spending another $250.00 on Weber add on accessories. I should have bought he Yoder Abilene for $600.00 because with all the Weber extras, I am into it for $500.00 already. What a yo yo bozo.

I always wanted to have a rotisserie so I bought one. Then, I had to have this little shovel to clean out the ashes from kettle or the whatever. Then I needed the gourmet BBQ system sear grate set. And, then of course the wok looked just like it was perfect to stir up some onions and whatever. This is what happens when you are sitting there at 1:00 AM and looking at a bunch of stuff on Amazon and it says that you can have it delivered on Friday if you order in the next 20 hours and 34 minutes.

I just got sucked right into that. That Weber stuff can be addictive. Why didn't you guys warn me about this!

Now, I am looking at the griddle for making eggs in the morning. I gotta stop this.

All I wanted was a place to make 8 to 10 hamburgers and warm up some buns. Yikes. This has gotten way out of hand. Oh yeah, and all of this will go with cover and the charcoal trays for indirect heat that I also bought yesterday.

The funny thing is that I can get away with this with my wife because this is ok. If I went out and purchased another hand gun, she would have taken a sterner tone, and said: "what do you need another gun for?" and she would have been right. But it is open season on BBQ for me.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Go figure?

Take it easy and may all your cooks be happy ones.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: You just got to luv Amazon.com.
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »
Ed,  Check out Academy Sports and also Susie Q has some great griddles.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »
Ed:

BBQ .....American Indian for "Big Hole in Pocket"..... :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 01:58:08 PM »
also check out Cajun bandit web site.  I love their canjun bandit rotisserie.  and you can turn your new baby into a WSM too.  ohhhh, you wife is going to be mad at you....... ::)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Pappymn

You just got to luv Amazon.com.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »
I feel for you VOD.....I really do.

Brown Santa just swung by, and the wife yelled "what the heck did you order now?"  ???
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 02:59:29 PM »
Well Ed you can't take it with you right ;)

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 03:05:10 PM »
It could be a lot worse...

A friend's wife is hung up on QVC and HAS to have it tomorrow.  Maybe she has something going with the UPS guy...he seems to be there quite often.

just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
Ed, the interweb and a credit card in combination are dangerous. Enjoy it to the last dollar of your credit limit.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 03:19:29 PM »
Reminds me of many years ago, it was about the time that Home Shopping just started. I broke a couple of bones in my foot. They couldn't put it in a cast until the swelling went down. So for 4 days or so I just laid on the couch with my foot up on a pillow and a bountiful stash of extremely effective pain pills. After ingesting a number of them, I was flipping stations and came across the shopping channel. And I proceeded to buy a whole lot of junk that I felt I just couldn't live without (at least according to the folks selling it and those calling in). And since I couldn't live without the stuff, naturally I had to pay extra to have it shipped overnight. This continued the next day when I turned on the channel and the nice folks had more stuff that I had to have immediately. This ended abruptly after the next day when all these packages started showing up. When my wife came home from work she didn't understand the urgent need ( obviously because she had not had the opportunity to hear my wonderful new friends exhort the benefits of these wonderful things.) So the next day as she was leaving for work, she didn't complain about all the crap I bought. She just calmly said, "You have 2 choices, you want me to leave the pain meds, or the credit cards- you choose."
So the rest of the time I just watched old movies with a smile on my face and no credit cards in my wallet.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Hub

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 03:27:39 PM »
Golfers, fishermen and barbequers all understand the power of the gadget  ::)

I haven't bought one in several months.  I think I may finally be at the point where I pretty much have them all.  My biggest problem now is remembering where I put them  ;D

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »
Alright, you have to see this one. This Weber is the all in one unit and solves the problems of BBQ mankind.

This is called the Smoke EZ and turns the 22.5 Weber into a smoker for people who are handicapped and cannot bend down.

Here is the included attachment if you want to turn your Weber into a drum and hang your meats.

Here it is doing your ribs and pork butt.

And here is what you get for $200.00.

Here's the Cajun Bandit Conversion Kit for the 22.5 Weber Kettle for $225.00. It comes with a door and and it looks like the WSM. They also include smaller legs for short people. I would rather get a step stool than try to bend over.

More, more, more, I want more. I better take another pain killer.

Ed

An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline pz

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
...The funny thing is that I can get away with this with my wife because this is ok. If I went out and purchased another hand gun, she would have taken a sterner tone, and said: "what do you need another gun for?" and she would have been right. But it is open season on BBQ for me.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
It does not matter if the Weber is the better unit....apparently if you have a warehouse to store all of the available stuff made for it - and a no limit credit card - it becomes the McGyver of cookers.... ;D :D ;D

BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 06:08:44 PM »
Since we are talking Ammazon I have been looking real hard at this bike.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008VSWWHC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ALE8FWGASUNUU

Any road bike riders that can say if this bike is any good?
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.