Author Topic: Avocado Tuna Salad  (Read 1915 times)

Offline RAD

Avocado Tuna Salad
« Reply #-1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:06:46 PM »
We had grilled Tuna last night and today I had two tuna steaks and nothing to do with them. So I decided to do some looking at what to do with leftover tuna and came across a site doing avocado instead of mayonnaise. That looks good enough to give it a try.

The ingredients. Notice the size of the avocado? They are Florida avocado’s.

Everything in the bowl except the tuna

Mesh everything together except the tuna

Add the tuna and mix

Lunch is served.

This was outstanding. Light, healthy and delicious.

Love to cook and eat

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: Avocado Tuna Salad
« on: August 17, 2013, 01:10:27 PM »
looks pretty darn tasty to me.  i'll take the avocado one.  you can have the pita breads.   ;)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »
Great Idea and looks good too :)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »
Very nice. Healthy is good - but that looks really tasty!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 03:32:48 PM »
I really like the looks of that, those pitas are really hard to open.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 03:38:53 PM »
love avocado and this look great .
just stuff it in the pita and yummy.
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline pz

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »
Perfect lunch for a hot day  ;)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 06:02:25 PM »
Nice and healthy RAD!

Good energy for running ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 06:05:25 PM »
Running is good. Biking is better! But that just plain looks good for eating. Thanks RAD!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:07:06 PM by drholly »
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »
Running is good. Biking is better! But that just plain looks good for eating. Thanks RAD!

http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/biking-vs-running-better-weight-loss-1731.html
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 06:14:57 PM »
muebe - this is true and I get it. But, I like to ride my bike. I will ride for 20 miles vs. run for 2. I just prefer riding to running - that's me... :)
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 06:25:02 PM »
muebe - this is true and I get it. But, I like to ride my bike. I will ride for 20 miles vs. run for 2. I just prefer riding to running - that's me... :)

It is all about what you enjoy doing otherwise you won't do it. I have found running works for me. I want to stay healthy for my kids. In November I will be running a half marathon in Santa Clarita. I could barely run a mile last November! I also had high blood pressure. Not only did I lose 30+ lbs since then I also feel great. And without dieting ;)

I run 4 miles a day during the week. Takes me between 38 to 40 minutes to do that. RAD and I kind of compete. We can see each other's runs on the Nike app and he is kicking my rear right now because I missed a couple days.
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 06:45:28 PM »
I just started this crossfit thing, wow what a workout. Old age has sure crept up on me not even doing 1/2 the weight
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline RAD

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »
you guys are right. Whatever it takes to get you moving is what counts. I've done both but like to run. Not sure if it's the days in the Marines or the days growing up in NY  :o  ;)

And lunch was great.
Love to cook and eat

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 06:56:53 PM »

It is all about what you enjoy doing otherwise you won't do it. I have found running works for me. I want to stay healthy for my kids. In November I will be running a half marathon in Santa Clarita. I could barely run a mile last November! I also had high blood pressure. Not only did I lose 30+ lbs since then I also feel great. And without dieting ;)

I run 4 miles a day during the week. Takes me between 38 to 40 minutes to do that. RAD and I kind of compete. We can see each other's runs on the Nike app and he is kicking my rear right now because I missed a couple days.

All are right. I like biking because that is what I did back in the day. The scenery went by quicker, so it kept me "amused." I competed in the original Iron Man in Hawaii. Loved the swimming and biking - hated the running. That's just me.  But I agree - whatever works for you... go for it!
Member #