Author Topic: R.I.P. Sweet Lou  (Read 909 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
R.I.P. Sweet Lou
« Reply #-1 on: August 23, 2013, 07:57:04 PM »
I e-mailed Sweet Lou Spices to ask if these are Lou's original recipes and how Lou was doing. The last time I spoke to his wife, she said he had a long hospital stay but was improving.

Here is the reply I got:

Yes the recipes will always be unchanged.

Unfortunately, I'm sorry to report that Lou did pass away just a few months ago, but his Son Robert is now running the business as he has been for several years now.

I never met Lou personally but I am sad. His Roast Rub and Route 66 Diner Salt have tickled my taste buds since the owner of the Company where I work told me about Sweet Lou. My boss would go over to the street fair in Glendora on Wednesday nights and Lou would be settin there asleep with all the rubs lined up. My boss would wake him up and grab the rubs he wanted and paid Lou and Lou would nod off until the next customer came up.

Sweet Lou's Roast Rub is Lou's legacy as far as I am concerned. Even though I am sad, I find comfort that Lou was able to bring these wonderful rubs and seasonings to life and his family is continuing the tradition...on-line

http://sweetlousspices.com/
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline hikerman

Re: R.I.P. Sweet Lou
« on: August 23, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
R.I.P. Sweet Lou

Nice post Smoke. From your story Lou sounded like he was a character. And yes, good to hear the family is going to carry on the tradition and flavors of Sweet Lou. I'll check out that roast rub.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: R.I.P. Sweet Lou
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »
Thank You Lou

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32