Author Topic: For bread lovers. It happened by accident!  (Read 667 times)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
For bread lovers. It happened by accident!
« Reply #-1 on: September 04, 2013, 09:06:04 PM »
When i was in the process of going to make a pizza, I purchased a Pilsbury pizza dough mix in the refrigerated section at Wal-mart with the intention that I could use this for pizza dough. As it turned out, I made my dough from scratch with which I was very pleased. So what to do with this product? Well, I unrolled the dough and spread it out. Then I took some soft butter and spread it out on the dough. Then I sprinkled this with Italian seasoning. Next, I took some pepper jack cheese and sprinkled this all over the dough. Then I rolled the dough up from one end to the other forming a long bread about 2 to 2 1/2 inches wide. I put the dough on a greased cookie sheet and put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 13 minutes. When it looked nice and brown, I pulled it out of the oven and moved it to a serving plate.

My wife and I enjoy warm bread and this was delicious. We served this with left over brisket, left over country style ribs, left over pepper and onions, and coleslaw.

If you are looking for a quick and easy way to have a tasty bread keep one of these Pilsbury pizza dough mixes in your fridge and just bring it out. The whole process takes 20 minutes from preparation to baking. And, it tastes great.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: For bread lovers. It happened by accident!
« on: September 04, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »
What a great idea! Thank you, Ed!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 09:15:47 PM »
crescent rolls work real well too..just use cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker for 2 1/2 minutes works great too. You can also do hash browns  or dressing in waffle maker too.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ

Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:34:23 PM »
crescent rolls work real well too..just use cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker for 2 1/2 minutes works great too. You can also do hash browns  or dressing in waffle maker too.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ
My kids love hash browns in the waffle maker!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:13:18 AM »

I read that there is a new food craze called a Wookie where you put chocolate chip cookie dough in the waffle maker.  :D
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS