Author Topic: Just a simple chicken parmesan  (Read 3009 times)

Offline RAD

Re: Just a simple chicken parmesan
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
Nice looking parmesan David.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 09:07:06 PM »
Looks great David, But is it Rocky approved ;)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:49 PM »
Hey Key,

Yes it was... but when we got back from softball practice, she just wanted to eat and I didn't get any pictures. Sorry! Next time...  ;) ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »
Hi Jaxon,

Sorry, I left a couple steps out...  ::)

I also forgot to add that I put some pepperoni slices on the chicken before the cheese.

After adding the sauce, I put it in the oven at about 350* for about 10 minutes to get everything hot and melt the cheese under the sauce (once the sauce started getting bubbly, I took it out

Then added some sliced mozzarella to the top - cranked the oven to broil and put it back in (left the rack in the middle) and let the mozzarella melt and get a bit brown - like a pizza. That took just a few minutes.

The slices were an after thought - that's why the 2nd trip to the oven. Next time I'd add the sliced mozzarella right after the sauce and just do the whole thing at 350* until the mozzarella was done.

I hope you enjoy it. I just had the "leftovers" for lunch. That Mo Rockin Chicken and cooking them on the grill grates really make a difference!

Now, David, if this is a SECRET recipe, I can't blame you for leaving a few steps out...don't worry, though, your secret is in safe hands now.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »
Jaxon,

Not a secret recipe - far too easy and common for that. Anything left out was laziness or trying to get to softball...  8)

I appreciate your "safe hands"!  ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 12:56:30 AM »
That looks really delicious, David  ;)

Pounded chicken breast serves at the beginnings for many tender and tasty meals.  I pound chicken breasts for chicken scallopini, with lemon caper sauce.  Citrus and chicken are a fantastic combination, and I like to use both lemon and lime in a variety of chicken dishes, depending on my mood.